Goods & Service Tax (GST) in Tally PRIME
So far, we have explained the operational details of Accounting with Tally, for organisations to which GST is not applicable. Now, we discuss about the additional aspects related to GST, for organisation registered under GST, without repeating the common points already discussed in earlier chapters.
GST Activation for Company in Tally PRIME
To activate GST features fir the Company, first you have to set up GST related options in Company Features.
At K:Company tab, click F11. At Company Features screen (F-1A). Under Taxation section, at Enable Goods & Services Tax (GST), set Yes.
GST Details set up in Company Features in Tally PRIME
At GST Details screen, set as follows (F-1B):
- State : Select the State / UT, from the List of States in which the company is registered with GST
- Registration Type : Select Regular (registered as Regular Dealer), select Composition (registered as Composition Dealer).
- Assessee of Other Territory : Set Yes if the business unit is located in Exclusive Economic Zone (other territory), else set No.
- GSTIN/UIN : Correctly enter the complete 15 digit State /UT GSTIN allotted.
- Applicable From : Enter the date of applicability of GST (e.g 1 July 2017).
- Periodicity of GSTR-1 : Select Monthly / Quarterly as applicable for the organisation.
- E-way Bills details : Set No / Yes as per e-way Bills applicability for the organisation (and then enter the e-way Bill related details)
- Tax Liability for Advance Receipt : At Tax Liability for Advance Receipt, set Yea / No, as per applicability of Tax liability for the organisation
- Tax Liability on Reverse Charge : At Enable Tax Liability on Reverse Charge, set Yes / No as per applicability of Reverse Charge for Purchase from Unregistered Dealer.
- Activate GST Rate Details : At Set / Alter GST Rate Details set No (set the Tax Rates at Item Master explained later).
- Activate GST Classification : At Enable GST Classification set No to keep things simpler.
- LUT / Bond Details : Set Yes (applicable for certain Importers / Exporters only), else set No
GST Activate करने के लिए, F11 click कर Company Features में Taxation section में Enable Goods & Services Tax (GST) में Yes set कर (F-1A), Company GST details screen (F-1B) में option set करे.
Company GST Activation & Set Up Tally PRIME Hindi
Company GST Activation & Set Up ERP 9 Hindi Video
Company GST Activation & Set Up ERP 9 English
Unit Quantity Code (UQC) set up in Unit of Measure (UoM) in Tally PRIME
We have explained UoM Master in Inventory section. At GoT>Create or GoT>Alter select Unit. At UoM Master creation/ Alteration (F-2A), at Unit Quantity Code (UQC) select the UQC from the list (F-2A).
GoT> Create या GoT>Alter से Unit select कर Unit of Measurement (UoM) Master के Unit Quantity Code (UQC) field में list से UQC select करे (F-2A).
Stock Item GST Set Up in Tally PRIME
We have already explained Stock Item entry in Inventory System. Here we explain GST related additional details entry.
Stock Item GST Applicability set up
Select GoT>Create or GoT>Alter and select Stock Item to get Stock Item Creation / Alteration screen (F-3A). Under Statutory Details section (F-3A), set as follows:
- GST Applicable : Select Applicable for Items to which GST is applicable, Not Applicable for Non-GST Items.
- GST Rate Details : Having set Yes at the above option, at Set / Alter GST details, set Yes to get GST Details screen to enter GST details for the Stock Item, as described next (F-3B)
- Type of Supply : Select Goods / Service as applicable from Supply Type list (F-3A)
Stock Item GST Details Entry in Tally PRIME
At GST Details entry screen (F-3B), enter following details for the Stock Item:
- Calculation type : At Calculation Type, select the applicable Type from the list. Normally, GST is applicable on sale value (select On value) of the Item.
- Taxability: Select Taxability from the list (e.g Unknown/ Exempt/Nil Rated/ Taxable)
- Integrated Tax : Enter the total GST Rate (e.g 12%), if Taxable selected at Taxability.
- Cess : Enter Cess Rate if applicable for the Item, otherwise leave zero (Cess is charged in some Items like Pan Masala, Tobacco Products, Aerated Water, Motor Car, etc).
Stock Item में GST details set up करने के लिए Stock Item Master के Statutory Details section में GST Applicable में Applicable select करे (F-3A). Set / Alter GST details (F-3A) में Yes select करे और Stock Item GST details entry करे (F-3B).
Inventory Master GST Set Up in Tally PRIME HINDI
Stock Item Stock Group GST Set up ERP 9 Hindi
Multiple Stock Item GST details set up in in Tally PRIME
To set up GST details of multiple Stock Items in one screen, select GoT>Display More Reports>GST Reports>GST Rate Set Up. Select Stock Group to get the list of Stock Items (F-4B). Click F12:Configure and set the options (F-4A).
At GST Rate Update screen (F-4B), select the Stock Item and set the unfilled values. This is useful when Rate of any Item / Item Group changes, as all details (like HSN, calculation Type etc) cannot be set from Update screen.
कई Stock Items के GST Details को एक साथ set करने के लिए GoT>Display More Reports>GST Reports>GST Rate Set Up select कर. Item select करे और Item की GST Details set करे (F-4B).
Multiple Stock Item GST Set up ERP 9 Hindi
Sales / Purchase Ledger Account GST set up in Tally PRIME
We have already explained Inventory set up for Inventory linked ledger Account (Sales / Purchase). We now explain the additional steps of GST details set up for such Ledger Accounts.
At GoT>Create>Ledger or GoT>Alter>Ledger and select Sales / Purchase Ledger to get Ledger Account Creation / Alteration screen (F-5A).
At Ledger Creation / Alteration screen, under Statutory Information section, set as follows (F-5A):
- GST Applicability : At Include in Assessable Value, select, select GST from the list.
- Appropriate to : Select Goods / Services (so you should create separate Ledgers for Goods Sale and Services Sale)
- Method of Calculation : Select Based on Value (for computing GST on Sale Value as %) / Based on Quantity ( for computing GST on sales Value on Sale Quantity).
GoT>Create या GoT>Alter से Sales / Purchase Ledger Account (F-5A) में GST details (F-5B/F-5C) set करे.
Ledger Account GST Set Up in Tally Prime Hindi
GST Set up in Ledger Accounts in ERP 9 Hindi
GST Ledger Accounts Creation in Tally PRIME
Ledger Account creation has been explained in Accounts section. Select GoT>Create>Ledger to create Ledgers for Central Tax (CGST: F-6C), State / UT Tax (SGST/UTGST:F-6D), Integrated Tax (IGST:F-6B) Ledgers.
GST Ledger Configuration set up in Tally PRIME
At GST Ledger entry screen, click F12:Configure to get GST Configuration screen (F-6A). Set the option as desired.
GST Ledger Account details Entry in Tally PRIME
At Ledger Account Creation screen (F-6B to F-6D), enter as follows:
- Tax Ledger Account Name : At Name, enter the Tax Ledger Name
- Parent Group : At Under, select Duties & Taxes at Parent Group
- Type of Tax / Duty : At Type of Tax / Duty, select GST
- Tax Type : At Tax Type, select the respective Tax type applicable from the list, for the Tax Ledger
This way, create a Tax Ledger for each Tax component of GST (IGST, CGST, SGST/UTGST). For Cess Ledger, select further select the Valuation Type from the list (F-6E).
GST Ledger (IGST, CGST, SGST/UTGST Ledger) create करने के लिए GoT>Create>Ledger select करे और Ledger Account create करे (F-6B to F-6D). Type of Duty / Tax में GST select करे और Tax Type select करे. अगर Cess applicable हो तो इस तरह Cess Account (F-6E) भी create करे.
GST Ledger Account Creation in Tally Prime Hindi
GST Ledger Accounts Creation ERP9 Hindi
Party Ledger Accounts GST set up in Tally PRIME
Ledger Account Creation / Alteration has been explained in Accounts section. Here we explain GST related additional details entry in Party (Customer / Supplier) Ledger Accounts.
At Ledger Account Creation (GoT>Create>Ledger) / Alteration (GoT>Alter>Ledger), Click I:More Details and select GST Registration Details (F-7A) to enter GST Details of the Party.
F-7A: Party Ledger GST Details activation
Party Ledger GST Details entry in Tally PRIME
At GST details screen of the Party Ledger Account, enter as follows (F-7B):
- Registration Type : At Registration Type, select the appropriate type from the list (select Regular for Registered Dealers whom you issue to or receive from issue tax invoice: F-7C).
- Assessee of other Territory : Set Yes if the Party is located in Exclusive Economic Zone (other territory), else set No.
- E-commerce Operator : At Is e-commerce operator, set Yes if the Party is e-commerce operator, otherwise set No.
- Deemed Exporter : Set Yes if the Party is deemed Exporter, otherwise select No.
- Party Type : Select Party Type form the Party Type list (F-14C) (select Not Applicable for Parties other than Deemed Exporter/Embassy / SEZ)
- GSTN / UIN: Enter the 15 digit GSTIN for Party (for Registration Type other than Consumer & Unregistered)
GST Set up for Party Ledger ERP9 Hindi
GoT>Create>Ledger / GoT>Alter>Ledger) से Party (Customer / Supplier) Ledger Account में I:More details click करे. More details screen में GST Registration details select करे (F-7A) और Party GST Details screen में GST Details entry करे (F-7B).
Multiple Party Ledger Accounts GST Details entry in Tally PRIME
To update GST details for multiple Parties in one screen, select GoT>Display More Reports>GST Reports>Update Party GSTIN, and select the Account Group to get the list Ledger Accounts of selected Account Group (F-8A). Now enter data in blank fields (or modify data) of GST Particulars of the Parties.
F-8A: Multi Party GSTN / UIN Updation screen
GST Set up for Multiple Party Ledger ERP9 Hindi
कई Party (Customer / Supplier) Ledger के GST Details एक साथ set करने के लिए GoT>Display More Reports>GST Reports>Update Party GSTIN select करे. Party select करे और Party की GST Details set करे (F-8B).
GST Masters Entry in ERP 9 in Hindi
GST Masters in Tally PRIME – Key Points
- F11 से Company Features में Enable Goods & Services में Yes set कर Company के लिए GST activate करे और Company GST details entry करे.
- Company Features में Set Alter GST details में No set करे. GST details (GST Rates etc) सिर्फ Stock Item में ही set करे, Stock Group, या कोई भी Ledger Account में GST Details activate न करे.
- Unit (UoM) Master में हर UoM record में UQC set करे
- हर Stock Item में GST details entry करे.
- Sale / Purchase ledger Account में GST related details entry करे.
- GST Ledger Accounts create करे
- Party Ledger Account में GST details entry करे
GST Masters in Tally ERP9 – PDF