Financial Scenarios in Tally
Scenarios are simulated Financial models like Forecast, Projection or Estimation with different parameters and conditions.
Financial Scenario Activation
Click F11: Features > Accounting Features to get Accounting Features screen. Under the section Budges & Scenario Management, Set Yes at Use Reversing Journals and Optional Voucher, to activate Scenario Features for the Company. Consequently, the option Scenario gets activated at Accounts Info menu
Financial Scenario Creation
Select Accts Info > Scenarios to get Scenario Menu .
Financial Scenarios Menu in Tally
At Scenario Menu. At At Scenario Menu, select Scenario to get Scenario creation screen
Scenario Creation in Tally
At Scenario creation screen , enter as follows
- Scenario Name: At Name, enter the Scenario Name.
- Actuals : At Include Actuals :
- Set Yes to Include the Regular Vouchers also in Scenario Report (apart from Voucher Types selected under Include Head)
- Set No to Exclude the Regular Vouchers Voucher Types. Only Optional / Memorandum Voucher Types as selected under Include Head, will be considered in Scenario Report.
- Voucher Types : Select the Voucher Types for exclusion / inclusion of Scenario. Except for Memorandum and Reversing Journals, only Optional voucher types will be available in Voucher Type selection list.
- Include Voucher Types : At Include, select the voucher types (one after another) from the list of Voucher Types, that you like to include in the scenario.
- Exclude Voucher Types : At Exclude, select the voucher types that you like to exclude in the scenario.
Reversing Journal Voucher in Tally
Reversing Journals are Journal Voucher which may be optionally included in a Financial Report.
To create Reverse Journal Voucher , select Accounts Vouchers and click F10:Rev.Jrnl button to get Reverse Journal entry screen. The process of Reverse Journal Voucher Entry is similar to Journal Voucher Entry.
At Applicable Upto field, enter the date upto which the reverse Journal would be included in scenario reports.
Reversing Journal creation
Financial Scenario Reports in Tally
Having created Scenario & Vouchers (including Memorandum Vouchers, Reversing Journal, Optional Vouchers etc) to be included in Scenario, you may get the scenario figures in a new column in a Report (where available) for comparison.
Trial Balance Display with Scenario columns
At the respective Report Display screen, click New Column button to get column details screen. At Column Details screen ,
Scenario Column set up
At Type of Values to Show, select the scenario from the list. Next select the Account Group
Group Summary with Scenario and Budget Figures
Group Summary with Budget & Scenario figures
Financial Scenario Configuration in Tally
At the Report Display screen , click F12:Configure to get the Configuration screen of the respective Report. Now set following the options specific to Budgets / Scenarios
Group Summary Scenario Configuration
Percentage Type selection : At Type of %, select the percentage Base, from the list
Group Summary Scenario percentage Type selection
Value Type selection : At Type of Value to Show, select the Value Type from the list
Group Summary Scenario Value Type set up
Click here to see PDF