Accounts Voucher Printing in Tally
Accounts Voucher Printing in Tally
Vouchers are basic documents of transactions, containing the complete records of the transaction. Naturally, every organization must keep the voucher for records, audit, evidence and to keep the supporting documents along with the voucher. So, the voucher is printed to keep a hard copy of it as record.
Voucher may be printed in 2 stages,
- Printing of current voucher at the time of entry : During voucher entry, you may print the voucher instantly, immediately after the entry is over. This is suitable for on-line voucher entry system
- Printing of saved voucher after entry : After the voucher entry is over and voucher are saved, you may print the voucher. This is useful for offline voucher printing, after the Day Book is checked, for maintain hard copy of voucher for records (or re-printing of a specific voucher).
Saved voucher may be printed in 2 ways:
- Current voucher printing from Display mode : This is useful for reprinting of voucher / printing of voucher after Alteration. At voucher alteration screen, click P:Print button to get Voucher Printing screen
- Multiple Voucher printing through Multi Account printing : This is useful for regular printing of voucher in one shot, after checking, at day end, for record keeping
Voucher Prining screen in Tally
Accounts Voucher Printing Methods in Tally
Voucher may be printed one at a time, through Display Mode, or multiple vouchers in one shot, through Multi Account Voucher printing option
- Individual Voucher printing at Voucher Entry/ Alteration: During Voucher Entry / Alteration, the current voucher may be printed.
- Instant Printing at Voucher creation: If you have set Yes at Print after Saving Voucher at the respective Voucher Type creation / alteration, as explained earlier, the Voucher printing screen appears .
- Printing of saved Voucher : You may print the saved voucher (after voucher entry session), at Voucher alteration screen, click P:Print button (or press Alt+P) at the voucher alteration screen to get Voucher Printing screen, showing the printing screen
- Print the Voucher : Type Y to print the current Voucher as per as per current configuration setting,Current Voucher Configuration: Click F12:Configure to get Voucher Printing Configuration screen , to change the Configuration option and then type Y to print the voucher
- Exit : Type N to exit without printing the voucher
- Multiple Voucher printing : You may print saved (already entered) vouchers for a specific period in one shot through GoT>Multi Account Printing>Multi Voucher Printing
Payment Voucher printing Options in Tally
In case of Payment Voucher printing screen, you get additional options for Payment Voucher / Payment Advice printing
Payment Voucher Printing screen in Tally
Accounts Voucher Printing default Configuration in Tally
The Vouchers are printed as per default Configuration Options set. You may set the contents and layout of printed voucher by setting the Voucher Printing Configuration options.
Accounts Voucher Printing Default Configuration Menu
To set the default voucher printing configuration available at General Printing Configuration (GoT>F12:Configure>Printing). At Printing Configuration menu, select the document Type to get the default printing configuration options. Set the options as required.
The pre-set default printing options will be carried as default for all Companies under the same directory. You may change the default setting later on, at any time, altering the options at Configuration screen
At Gateway, click F12:Configure >Printing to get Voucher Printing Configuration Menu (F-2A), which contains Voucher Printing Configuration options, for respective voucher type. At Voucher Printing Configuration menu (F-2A), select the Voucher Type as follows, to get the respective Voucher Printing Configuration screen, to set the default Voucher Printing Configuration.
Voucher Printing Configuration Menu in Tally
Current Voucher printing default Configuration in Tally
During voucher printing (other than Contra Voucher), at Voucher printing screen (after you select P:Print button at Voucher Display screen), you may click F12:Configure to change the current Voucher printing configuration for the current voucher being printed. The changed option would be applicable only to the voucher being printed in the current session (the default printing configuration options as set would not be changed). In next printing session, the pre-set default printing options would be available.
The options ofcurrent Voucher Printing Configuration are almost similar to General Printing Voucher configuration. In Current Voucher printing configuration, you get an additional option to to enter location of Logo (to select a specific logo).
Receipt Voucher default printing Configuration in Tally
At Voucher Printing Configuration Menu , select Receipt Voucher to get Receipt Voucher & Formal Receipt printing Configuration screen
Receipt Voucher Printing Configuration in Tally
Payment Voucher default Printing Configuration in Tally
At Voucher Printing Configuration Menu , select Payment Voucher to get Payment Voucher printing Configuration screen
Payment Voucher Printing Configuration in Tally
Journal & Contra Voucher default Printing Configuration in Tally
At Voucher Printing Configuration Menu (F-2A), select Journal / Contra to get Journal / Contra printing Configuration screen (F-3C). The options set would be applicable to both Journal & Contra Vouchers.
Journal & Contra Voucher Printing Configuration in Tally
Date & Time Printing in Voucher in Tally
We have explained the option to print Date & Time of Report printing in Reports Title. In same way, you may set option to print date & Time in Voucher also
At Gateway, click F12:Configure >Printing >General to get Report Printing options (F-4A). At Print Date & Time of Voucher Printing, set Yes to print Date & Time of Voucher, else Set No (default) to suppress the Date & Time of printing in Voucher.
Date & Time printing in Voucher configuration in Tally
The Date & Time of voucher printing (not the date & time of voucher entry) is printed at the top line at right end of the voucher (so a different date/ time would be printed when you reprint the voucher). This option, if set, is applicable to all Voucher Types. You cannot set the option for individual voucher type.
Company Logo Printing in Voucher in Tally
To print Company Logo in vouchers, you must first load the image file (in .bmp or .jpeg format) and set options for printing Company Logo, at F11:Feature>Accounting Features, as described
Normally, Company Logo should be printed when you print voucher in plain stationery in Laser / Ink Jet printer. Do not print Company Logo Dot matrix Printer). In pre-printed stationery, Company Logo may already be pre-printed, so you need not print it.
If you have set Company Logo and uploaded Company Logo image at F11:Company Features > Accounting Features, then you may further set Yes at Print Company Logo, at the respective voucher printing configuration screen, to print the Company Logo at the top right corner in the Invoice, other wise set No, to suppress printing of logo..
At respective Voucher printing configuration screen, set Yes at Print Company Logo to print the Logo in the Voucher / Invoice (else set No). The default Location of Company Logo as set is carried as default. At current voucher prning screen, you get additional option to select alternative Company Logo.
Selection of Logo at Voucher print Time : You may store several logos at different locations. At Voucher printing screen, click F12:Configure to get Current Voucher printing Configuration screen. At Location of Logo (F-5A), you may type the location of Logo to be printed in the current session. The logo stored at the specified location would be printed.
Logo set up for Voucher printing in Tally
Voucher Printing Dimensions set up in Tally
Through the respective voucher printing configuration options (F-2A to F-2C), the Height, Width & Top Margin may be specified . The standard values in the printing option screen are pre set to fit voucher in standard size. However, you may change them to adjust according to the size of stationery you use.
The spaces of each column / field are proportionately adjusted by Tally, as per voucher dimension set in the configuration (Height, Width).
You may view the Voucher Dimension in Print Preview and adjust the Dimension Values in Voucher Printing Configuration accordingly.
However, Tally.ERP 9 internally specifies minimum size for each component of voucher (header, details, footer etc). So, you cannot control the size of each component (or the overall dimension) completely. For example, a voucher will take some minimum space in details portion, even if the details are very few. So, you will find a large amount of space in the voucher, which you can not reduce or adjust, just be setting the dimensions in the Configuration (if you reduce the dimension too much, even a small voucher will spill in 2 pages, leaving a lot of space in each page)
Through the following options in Voucher Configuration screen (F- 2A to 2C), set the dimensions of the voucher. The dimensions values are to be set in inches, to specify Dimension & Margins (in inches) of the printed Voucher (including margins) . The default dimension values for each type of voucher are displayed as follows, which you may change as required.
- Voucher Height : At Height of Voucher, enter the height of the voucher (print area in inches including top & bottom margin). Default value is 7 (inches). If you reduce the height of voucher, the voucher may take up 2 pages (even if there is one entry) with a lot of blank space in the first page.
- Voucher Width : At Width of Voucher, enter the width of the voucher (print area in inches including left & right top & bottom margin). Default value is 7 (inches). If you reduce the Width of voucher, the vertical lines and the header columns & data columns may not align properly.
If you specify zero at Height of the voucher, the Height of Voucher will increase to take up the entire page. Similarly, if you set zero at Width, the Width of the voucher will increase to take up the entire page size. So, if you are using standard A4 size stationary to print Voucher, you may specify zero to get the full space of the stationary, to avoid chance of extending the voucher to next page in some long vouchers.
- Top Margin : At space to leave at top, enter the value of top margin (in inches). Default value (.25)
- Left Margin : At space to leave on left, enter the value of left margin (in inches). Default value (.75)
Dimension Scale : To see the voucher dimension, get the Print Preview of the voucher (click I:With Preview toggle button at Print Configuration screen). The horizontal & vertical scale shows the voucher dimension. Accordingly you may adjust the dimension in Voucher Printing Configuration.
Voucher Printing Configuration in Tally
The set of Voucher printing configuration options are different for each type of Voucher. However, some common options are available for all voucher types, while some common options are available for a group of voucher types, and some options are available for specific voucher types only. We discuss these common options at one place
Voucher Printing Configuration common options in Tally
The following options are available to all Accounts Voucher Types (Receipt, Payment, Contra & Journal Voucher Type).
- Signatories (Checked / Verified) : At Print space for Checked / Verified initials, set :
- Set Yes to print a guide (Checked / Verified by) for space for putting signature, This is useful when the authorities sign on the computer printed voucher (no manual voucher is used).
- No (default value) to omit it.
- Signatories (Prepared by ) : At Print space for Prepared By details, set :
- Set Yes to print a guide (Prepared by) for space for putting signature, This is useful when the authorities sign on the computer printed voucher (no manual voucher is used).
- No (default value) to omit it.
- Voucher Narration : At Print Narration, set :
- Yes (default value) to print Voucher common Narration (under the head ‘On Account of ‘.
- No to omit Voucher Common narration (it may sometimes be useful when separate ledger narration is printed) .
- Ledger Narration: At Print Narration for each entry, set :
- Yes (default value) to print separate Ledger Narration for each ledger account transacted.
- No to omit separate ledger narration (it may sometimes be useful when Common Narration is printed) .
- Currency Symbol : At Print Base Currency Symbol for Total, set :
- Yes (default value) to print Base Currency Symbol before the total voucher amount,
- No to omit the currency symbol
- Bank details : At Pint Bank Transaction details , set (relevant only when Banking Features are activated and details are entered at cheque details screen during voucher entry)
- Yes to print details of Cheque (Cheque Number & Cheque Dt). Tthe Bank details are printed if any Bank Account is transacted in the voucher and the Bank details are entered in the voucher).
- No (default value) to omit Cheque details
- Mailing Name : Set Yes at Print Mailing Name instead of Name. This is useful when the Mailing Name (company legal name) is different from Tally Company name (may contain branch name, etc)
- Ledger Name Style : At Method to use Ledger name, select the Name style to be printed
- Bill Ref details : At Print Billwise details, set :
- Yes (default value) to print the bill reference details (if available in the voucher)
- No to omit Bill Reference details.
- Bill Due Date : If Yes is set at the above option for Bill Reference, at Print Bill Due Date Details also, you may further :
- Set Yes to print Bill Due Date
- Set No to omit Bill Due Date
- Bill Due Date with Credit Days : If Yes is set at the above option for Bill Reference, at Print Bill Due Date with Credit Days , you may further :
- Set Yes to print Bill Due Date & Credit Days
- Set No to omit Bill Due Date & Credit Days
- Inventory Details : At Print Inventory Details, set Yes to print Inventory details (if available in the voucher, when Accounts with Inventory System is activated), else set No (default value) to omit Inventory details. This is normally applicable in Sales / Purchase Voucher and Receipt / Payment Voucher for Cash Purchase / Sales.
Voucher printing configuration for Receipt Voucher in Tally
The following options are available for Receipt Voucher only
Receipt Mode : At Receipt mode on top of voucher (F-2A), set :
- Yes to print the Cash / Bank Ledger Account at the top (with the word Through) of Receipt Voucher
- No (default value) to omit it.
Voucher printing configuration for Payment Voucher in Tally
The following options are available for Payment Voucher only
Payment Mode : At Payment mode on top of voucher (F-2B), set :
- Yes to print the Cash / Bank Ledger Account at the top (with the word Through) of Payment Voucher,
- No (default value) to omit it.
Format of Printed Vouchers in Tally
At Voucher Entry screen, click P:Print button to get the Voucher Printing screen (F-1A).
- Set Yes to print the voucher with default options as shown
- Set No and change the options as desired. Then set Yes to print with changed option
Payment Voucher in Print in Tally
Voucher Title : The Voucher Title may be configured in same way as Report Title (04.07/-2-13)
Irrespective of mode of Voucher entry mode (entered in Single or Double mode), the vouchers are printed in following Format:
Receipt & Payment Voucher in Print in Tally
Receipt & Payment vouchers are always printed in Single Mode format (there is no separate Debit & Credit columns for Amount :F-6A & 6B).
- The Cash / Bank Account are printed in Header, with a word ‘Through’ (if the option is set)
- Under the Particulars column, all the Ledger accounts with positive amount are printed first, under the head ‘Accounts’
- If the voucher contains Deduction accounts, they are printed with the word ‘Less, the amounts are shown in negative
- The Cheque Details of Bank Account are printed, if available.
- The Voucher Narration is Printed under the head ‘On Account of’’
- The Net Voucher Amount in word is printed under the head ‘Amount in Words’, with the Base Currency symbol (like `).
- The signature space is printed at bottom as follows:
- Receiver’s Signature & Authorised Signatory are printed in Payment Voucher
- Authorised Signatory are printed in Receipt & Contra Voucher
Receipt Voucher in Print in Tally
Contra voucher in Print in Tally
Contra voucher is printed showing figures of each ledger account is separate Debit & Credit Columns, like in Double mode (F-7A)
Contra Voucher in Print in Tally
Journal Voucher in Print in Tally
Journal voucher is printed showing figures of each ledger account is separate Debit & Credit Columns, like in Double mode (F-7B)
Money Receipt (Formal Receipt) printing in Tally
Formal Receipt (popularly known as Money Receipt) is a receipt voucher printed in Money Receipt format which is handed over to the payer as a document and evidence of the money having been received (it does not show ledger Account head, as that is internal for the organization).
Formal Receipt Printing set up in Tally
To print Formal Receipt, you should set the configuration option at Receipt Voucher Type, as follows :
At Gateway, select Account Info>Voucher Type>Alter and select Receipt from the list of Voucher Types. Under the Printing section, at Print Formal Receipt after Entry, set Yes to activate Formal Receipt Printing option for Receipt Voucher.
Consequently, at the time of printing of Receipt Voucher, you will get separate prompts for printing of Receipt Voucher (first) & Receipt (next) separately. Now type Yes / No in each case, to print Receipt Voucher / Money Receipt (Formal Receipt), as desired.
Money Receipt (Formal Receipt) in Print in Tally :
- Voucher Number is printed at ‘No’
- Voucher Date is printed at ‘Dated’
- Payer’s Name (from whom the money is received) is printed after the word ‘Received with thanks from’
- Mode of Payment (Cash / Bank Account) is printed after the word ‘By’
- Net Amount received is printed in words after the words ‘ The sum of’ & ‘Indian Rupees’ (Base Currency Formal Name as set).
- Voucher Narration is printed after the word ‘Remarks’
- Net Amount is printed in figures with the Base Currency Symbol (`)
Formal Receipt (Money Receipt) in Print in Tally.
Formal Receipts Printing Configuration in Tally
At Receipt Voucher Configuration screen, you may set the options under for Forma Receipt printing configuration (F-3A)
- Receipt Height : At Height of Receipt, enter the height of the voucher (print area in inches including top & bottom margin). Default value is 6 (inches)
- Receipt Width : At Width of Receipt, enter the width of the voucher (print area in inches including left & right top & bottom margin). Default value is 5 (inches)
- Top Margin : At Space to leave at top, enter the value of top margin (in inches). Default value (.25 inch)
- Company PAN/IT : Set Yes to print Company PAN/IT Number in Formal Receipt
- Bank Transaction Details : Set Yes at Print Bank Transaction Details to print cheque details. Having set Yes, you may further set Yes at Print All Details to print other Bank Details also.
- Party Address : Set Yes at Print Party Address to print Party Address also in the Receipt
- Voucher Narration : At Print Narration, set Yes (default value) to print Voucher common Narration. Set No to omit Voucher Common narration (it may sometimes be useful when separate ledger narration is printed) .
- Ledger Narration : At Print Narration for each entry, set Yes (default value) to print separate Ledger Narration for each ledger account transacted. Set No to omit separate ledger narration (it may sometimes be useful when Common Narration is printed) .
Payment Advice Printing in Tally
Payment advice is a letter that is sent to the Payee while enclosing the cheque. It contains a standard Text, which may be modified through the Payment Advice Configuration
Payment Advice Text Set Up in Tally
At Voucher Printing Configuration Menu (F-1A), select Payment Advice Configuration to get Payment Advice Configuration screen (F-9A).
Payment Advice Printing Configuration in Tally
At Payment Advice Configuration screen (F-9A), you set the text of the Payment Advice letter as follows. The text, as entered here is printed in Payment Advice. You may modify the Text later on, at any time.
- Salutation Text : At Payment Advice Salute, enter the Text that is printed in the first line (after address etc) before Payment details. A standard text (Please find below the Payment details) is shown, which you may modify.
- Acknowledgement Text : At Payment Advice Acknowledgement, enter the Text that is printed after the Payment details A standard text (Kindly Acknowledge the Receipt) is shown, which you may modify .
- Signatory (Left) : Type the label heading for Signatory Space (payer)
- Signatory (Right) : Type the label heading for Signatory Space (Receiver)
The Payment advice details (the voucher data) are printed between these two texts specified
Payment Advice Printing Options in Tally
At Payment Voucher Printing screen (F-1B), you get following additional options for Payment Advice printing. Set the options :
- Advice Print : AtPrint Payment Advice, set Yes to Print Payment Advice after printing Payment Voucher.
- Advice Date: At Payment Advice Date, enter the Payment Advice Date in Payment Voucher.
- Due Date: At Print Due Date, set Yes/No to print / omit due Date in Payment Voucher.
- IT PAN: At Print Company’s PAN/IT Number, set Yes to Print Company’s PAN/ IT Number in Payment Advice.
Payment Advice in Print in Tally
Contents of Payment Advice (F-10A) are described below:
- The Voucher Number is printed at No
- Payment Advice Date is printed at ‘Date’
- Payee’s Name (whom the money is paid to, the First Ledger Account of the voucher) is printed
- The Ledger Accounts (Dr) and the amount are printed. Deduction Accounts (Cr) are shown after the word ‘Less’ and the amount is shown in negative.
- The Net Amount in figures is printed with the Word ‘Net Amount’. The net Amount in words is not printed.
- The Bank details (details of cheques) are printed in a Table
Payment Advice in Tally
Multi Voucher Printing in Tally
At Multi Account printing Menu, select Multi Voucher printing to get Multi Account Voucher Printing screen (F-7A)
Multi Account Voucher Printing screen in Tally
At Multi Account Voucher Printing screen (F-7A), set as follows:
- Voucher Type Name : At Name of Voucher Type, select the Voucher Type from the list of Voucher Types
- Voucher Selection :At Select Vouchers to print , select as follows :
- All : To Print Regular as well as Optional Vouchers of the selected voucher type
- Optional : To Print only Optional Vouchers of the selected voucher type
- Regular : To Print only Regular Vouchers of the selected voucher type
- Period Start Date : At From, enter the Voucher Date from which the voucher to be printed (leave blank to print from the first voucher of the current period
- Period End Date : At To, enter the Voucher Date upto which the voucher to be printed (leave blank to upto the last voucher of the current period)
Click Yes to print the vouchers. All the voucher of the specified type for the specified period will be printed.
Click here to see PDF