e-way Bill in Tally
E-way bill (stands for Electronic Way Bill) is a unique Way Bill number to be generated mandatorily for specific consignment involving the movement of goods in motorized vehicle, for a consignment value exceeding Rs 50000. Even in case of inward supply of goods from unregistered person, E-Way Bill is applicable.
e-way Bill set up for Company in Tally
At Statutory Features screen (GoT>F11:Features>Statutory Features), set Yes at Set Alter GST Details to get GST details screen to set up options for e-way Bill
- e-way Bill applicability : Set Yes at e-way Bill applicable. You may then further set up following e-way bill options:
- e-way Bill applicability date : At Enter the date from enter the date which you start implementing e-way Bill in the system
- e-way Bill threshold : At e-way Bill threshold, enter the minimum Bill amount above which e-way bill is mandatorily issued.
- Threshold limit computation rule : At Threshold limit includes, select from the list (Invoice Value, Taxable & Exempt Goods value, Taxable Goods value)
- Intra State applicability : At e-way Bill applicable Intra state, set Yes if e-way Bill to be issued for Intra State transaction also, else set No, to issue e-way Bill only for Inter State Transactions.
e-way Bill set up for Company in Tally
In Tally.ERP 9, e-Way Bill details can be entered when Inventory is activated and Stock Item Masters are created. e-Way Bill options are not available in accounting invoice mode, and in companies enabled to Maintain only accounts
e-way Bill set up for Transporter Ledger Account in Tally
In e-way Bill, you have to submit Transporter details. So, create a Ledger Account (GoT>Account Info>Ledger> Create) to get Ledger Account creation screen .
GST Activation in Transporter Ledger Account in Tally
Enter the Transporter details in Transporter Ledger Account .
Transporter Ledger Details set up for e-way Bill in Tally
These details would be pulled from Transporter Ledger Account to the e-way Bill and you will not have to enter the details in each e-way Bill.
At Transporter Ledger Account screen, enter the complete address including PIN Code. Select the State of the Transporter.
At Set / Alter GST details to get GST details screen. At Registration Type select the Registration type from the list . Enter GSTIN for Registered Transporter. At Is a Transporter, set Yes. If the Transporter is registered
The GSTIN/UINis considered as the transporter ID and Transporter ID is not to be entered. If the Transporter is unknown or unregistered, enter the Transporter ID.
Sales Invoice Entry with e-way Bill details in Tally
Slect GoT>Accounting Voucher>F8:Sales>Create to get sales Voucher entry screen .
Sales Invoice with e-way Bill & e-way Bill activation in Tally
Invoice Configuration : At Invoice entry screen, Click F12:Configure to get Invoice Configuration screen. At Invoice Configuration screen, set as follows:
- Supplementary Details: Set Yes at Enable Supplementary Details to get Supplementary Details screen to enter Buyer / Despatch details.
- e-way Bill JSON file conversion : Set Yes at Export e-way bill details from Invoice after saving, to enable e-way Bill details entered in Invoice, exported to JSON file.
- Tax Difference tolerance : At Allow Tax Difference upto, set the amount upto which Tax Difference may be allowed (zero means no difference allowed). Having set up non zero value, next you may further set up option for the difference amount type
- Actual Tax versus Computed Tax : Having set up non zero value at the Tax Difference option, you may further select the allowable difference type option from the list.
Sales Invoice configuration for eWay Bill in Tally
Invoice details entry
- Invoice Details : Select Customer name . Enter Buyers details in supplementary details subscreen. The Buyers detail from master are carried, which you may change. Enter other relevant details as applicable.
- Item Details : At main voucher entry screen , enter Item details (Quantity, rate, value). Select sales Ledger Account of the Item (unless Common Ledger account set at Voucher entry configuration).
- Tax Classification : At Tax Classification pop up screen, select Tax Classification for the Invoice.
- Tax Details : Select the applicable Tax Ledger Accounts . The amount is auto computed as per Tax rates specified in Item Master.
- e-way Bill Details : At Invoice entry screen, at Provide GST/e-way Bill details, set Yes to get e-way Bill details screen . Enter the relevant details. At e-way Bill details entry screen:
- Transporter Details : Click Transporter Details button to enter Transporter Details
- E-way Bill Details : Click e-way Bill Details button to enter e-way Bill Additional Details as described next.
e-way Bill details entry in Sales Invoice in Tally
Narration ; You may enter e-way Bill at Narration if you like, for your record and printing in Invoice.
Invoice Saving & Printing : Save the Sales Invoice. you may print the Invoice, if you like as described next, before saving the Invoice.
e-way Bill Additional Details : You may enter additional details through the buttons at e-way bill details entry screen
- Multiple Transporter Details : If goods are transported in different modes or vehicles, at e-way Bills detail screen, click T:Tranporter detail button (or press Ctrl+T) to get Transporter detail for e-way Bill to enter the e-way Bill details .
e-way Bill buttons in Tally
You may enter multiple lines for each mode, transporter, vehicle number etc.
Transporter Detail in e-way Bill in Tally
At Modes, column, select the Transport Mode from Modes list.
Transport Mode list in e-way Bill entry in Tally
At Reason column, select the Reason from Reasons list .
Reasons list e-way Bill entry in Tally
Multiple e-way Bills (Consolidated e-way Bill) Details : At e-way bill additional details screen , click W :e-Way Bill Detailsbutton or press Alt+W,to enter the details of multiple e-Way Bills (consolidated e-way Bill) generated for a single transaction .
e-way Bill details display in Tally
Enter a line for each e-way Bill and respective details. At Sub Type column , select Supply Type from list of Sub Type.
Supply Type list in e-way Bill in Tally
At Document Type column , select Document Type from list of Document Type .
Document Type list in e-way Bill in Tally
At Status of e-way Bill column , select Status Type from Status list .
e-way Bill Status list in Tally
e-way Bill printing in Tally
You may print e-way Bill from Portal, through Tally in 2 methods.
- Individual e-way Bill from Invoice entry screen at the time of entry.
- e-way Bill for Multiple saved Invoices
In both the cases, export the data in a JSON file and upload on the e-Way Bill Portal to generate your e-Way Bill.
e-Way Bill Number (EBN) is shown for each e-way Bill generated. Type the EBN in corresponding invoice, and print Invoice with EBN
Exporting Invoice to JSON file : To enable JSON file generation for Invoice, at Invoice Configuration screen , set Yes at Export e-way bill details from Invoice after saving , as explained.
- JSON file creation for current invoice during Invoice entry : After entry of Invoice, Export Details for e-Way Billscreen appears . Enter the JSON file name and save the JSON (by default, JSON file is saved under filename e-waybill followed by GSTIN, Invoice Date & Invoice Number for easy identification). Now use the JSON file at e-way Bill Portal to generate e-way Bill
- JSON file creation for saved Invoices : Select Display>Statutory Reports>GST>e-way Bill>Export for e-way Bill to get the status list of e-way Bills . Drill down through the item Invoices Ready for Export to get list of Invoices for which e-way Bill has not been generated . Select the Invoices for which JSON file to be created (you may select multiple Invoice using the spacebar).
JSON file creation for e-way Bill Generation in Tally
Uploading JSON to portal
- At e-waybill Portal (ewaybillgst.gov.in) [or click gst.gov.in, click e-Way Bill System > Click here to go to e-Way Bill Portal]. Login and select :
o e-Waybill > Generate Bulk
o Consolidated EWB > Generate Bulk
Click Choose File > select the JSON > click Upload & Generate. The e-Way Bill gets generated
Select GoT>Display>Statutory Report>GST Reports >e-way Bill to get e-way Bill Menu.
e-way Bill menu in Tally
e-way Bill Status Report in Tally
At e-way Bill menu, select Export for e-way Bill to get Export for e-way Bill report showing the number of Bill for each Status (e-way Bill Status Report).
e-way Bill Status Report in Tally
e-way Bill status report Configuration : Click F12:Configure button to get e-way Bill export configuration screen. Set the configuration options as desired.
e-way Bill export configuration in Tally
Resolving Mismatch / Incomplete records: To resolve Incomplete / Mismatch, if shown in the e-way Bill Status Report, click on the line under Invoices with Incomplete / Mismatch in information section , to get details of mismatch to be resolved. Edit the offending Invoice and resolve the mismatch issue
Exporting ready Invoices to create JSON file : Drill down from the Item Invoices Ready for Export to get e-way Bill ready for Export list .
e-way Bill ready for export list in Tally
Select the line Invoices ready for Export for which you may create JSON file, as explained next.
E-way Bill report Configuration : At e-way Bill report , click F12:Configure to get e-way Bill Configuration screen , to set the Configuration options.
e-way Bill report Configuration in Tally
Export e-way Bill Report to JSON file : At e-way Bill Report (Invoice ready for export), click E:Export for e-way Bill button (or press Ctl+E) to get Export Details for e-way Bill screen , to generate JSON file.
e-way Bill report Buttons in Tally
The default export location file and output JSON file name are displayed. Press Y to create the default named JSON file as shown in the screen, else Type N and change the Export Location & Output file name. Then type Y to create JSON file at specified location.
Upload JSON file at Portal : In the GST Portal (www.gst.gov.in) click e-Way Bill System > Click here to go to e-Way Bill Portal . Click PROCEED. Select the link (e-way Bill Generate Bulk or Consolidate de-way Bill > Generate Bulk). Click Choose file and select the saved JSON file. Click Upload and Generate to generate the e-way Bill.
e-way Bill system at GST Portal in Tally
Generate e-way Bill at Portal : To generate the e-Way Bill, choose the required links (e-Waybill > Generate Bulk/ Consolidated EWB > Generate Bulk). Click Choose File, select the saved JSON file. Click Upload & Generate. The e-Way Bill gets generated.
Update e-way Bill Number in Invoice in Tally : To print Invoice with e-way Bill Number, first update the e-way Bill Number in respective Invoice record in Tally.At e-way Bill Report (Invoice ready for export), click I:Update e-way Bill Info button (or press Ctrl+I) to get Update e-way Bill details screen (or select Update e-way Bill information at e-way Bill menu). Select the Party and enter the date range to get the list of invoices, select the Invoice and enter / update the details.
Invoice Printing with e-way Bill Number in Tally
Invoice printing Configuration : Click F12:Configure to get Printing Configuration screen . Set Yes at Print e-way Bill Number to get printed invoice with e-way Bill Number shown beside the Invoice Number. Set Other Configuration options as desired.
Sales Invoice Configuration for e-way Bill in Tally
Invoice printing Advanced Configuration: At Invoice printing Configuration screen , further click F12:Configure to get Invoice Advanced Configuration screen . Set the options as desired.
Sales Invoice Advanced Printing Configuration in Tally
Invoice Printing with e-way Bill Number in Tally
Having updated the e-way Bill in the Invoice, select Invoice from Reports like Day Book (GoT>Display>Day Book) etc, to get the Invoice in Alteration mode. Click P:Print button to get Invoice printing screen. Set the printing options through buttons available, as required, and type Y to print the Invoice .
GST Sales Invoice in Print with e-way Bill Number
At e-way Bill Menu, select e-way Bill Report to get the list of Invoices having e-way Bill numbers. Drill down through any Invoice to get the Invoice in Edit Mode. Now you may update Invoice data
e-way Bill Report in Tally
You may update / export / manage e-way bills form various buttons available ate-way Bill Report :
Buttons at e-way Bill Report in Tally
- F4:Party – To select a party to list e-way Bills for selected Party
- C:Consloidated View – To get list of e-way Bills grouped on mode, vehicle number, place and state.
- G:Pending for Export – Bills which have not been exported to JSON file
- Update e-way Bill Info : Select party, period to get list of Invoices. Select the Invoice and update e-way Bill details in the Invoice.
- W:Manage e-way Bills : To get the entry screen of e-way Bill to view / update e-way Bill details