Bank Accounting with Tally
Banking Operations with Tally
Every business organisation keeps at least one bank account for its business transactions.
Banking Transactions involve maintenance of additional records, like details of the transacting parties, like Bank Accounts Numbers, IFSC Code, RTGS / NEFT IFSC, Transaction details like Cheque Number, Digital Transaction reference and other details, Cheque issue / cheque printing and delivery, Digital transactions, Bank Reconciliation etc. This post explains maintenance of such additional Banking records using Tally.
Tally.ERP 9 exclusively provides such Bank transaction related operations. These are optional tasks that you can do through Tally, than doing manually.
Banking Activities using Tally
Banking Activities in Tally may be summarized as follows :
- Enabling Cheque Activities : Set Up options to activate & Cheque entry & printing
- Bank Ledger set up for Cheque options and Bank details
- Enabling Cheque Printing options
- Entering Cheque Book Range
- Designing Cheque Templates conforming to Bank’s cheque stationery
- Cheque details entry in Voucher : Entry of cheque details (of cheques issued & received) in Vouchers (§06)
- Cheque & Reports printing
- Cheque Printing : Printing Cheques , Payment Advice and daily reports for cheques issued
- Bank Deposit slips : Printing Deposit slips for depositing money into bank account and daily reports of monies deposited into bank account
- Bank Reconciliation : Entry of Bank Clearing dates of cheques and reconciling the Pass Book & Bank Book Balances
Activating Banking Features in Tally
To activate Banking Features, Click F11:Features >F1: Accounting Features to get Accounting Features screen. At Banking Features section,set as follows:
- Cheque Printing Feature Activation : At Enable Cheque Printing, set Yes to activate cheque Printing Feature (to print chques), else set No (if you like to write cheques manually)
- Banking Feature Activation : At Alter Banking Features, set Yes to get Banking Features screen
Banking Feature Activation in Tally
Banking Features Set Up in Tally
At Banking Features screen , set as follows:
- Transaction Types : To set the allowable Transactions Type, set Yes at Alter List of Transaction Types to get Transaction Types Alteration screen . The screen contains 2 columns, one for Payment Vouchers & another for Receipt Vouchers. Set yes to include the Transaction Type in respective Voucher Type for Bank Reconciliation.
- Additional Bank Details : To enter additional Bank Details at Voucher entry, like Account Number, IFS Code, Bank Name forInter Bank Transfers& Account Number At Show Additional Bank Details For, select from the list as follows:
- Banking Features Set Up in TallyAll Banks : To allow entry of Additional Details in Voucher
- None : Such Additional Details can not be entered (but usual Bank Details may be entered)
- Beneficiary Code :At Allow to Enter Beneficiary Code set Yes to activate the button B:Show Beneficiary Code/Hide BeneficiaryCode in the Ledger Account Creation/Alteration screens, to allow entry of BeneficiaryCode for the Bank.
- Transfer Mode :AtShow Transfer Mode, set Yes to display the Mode of Transfer (NEFT/RTGS) at Bank Allocations screen for Inter Bank Transfers transactions, in Payment & Receipt voucher entry, using Voucher Class.
- Cost Centre : At Enable Bank Details for Cost Centres, set Yes (only when Cost Centres are activated for the Company), to activate the option Provide Bank Details at Cost Centre Creation screen to enter Bank Details at Cost Centre allocation screen..
- Beneficiary Bank Account Details : At Import Beneficiary Bank Account Details, set Yes to import the Beneficiary Bank Account details in Excel Format. Consequently, you get the screen Importing of Payee Bank Account Details . Enter the import Filename (Excel Format) alongwith location path, containing the Bank Account details.
You may click P: Payee Sample File button to view a sample file, and click E:Employee Bank Details button (when Payroll system is activated) to import Employee Bank Details.
Banking Features set up in Tally
Bank Details in Bank Ledger Account in Tally
Accounts Ledger creation has been explained earlier. At Account Ledger Creation / Alteration screen of a Bank Ledger, you have to specify some additional information, as below:
Bank Ledger details set up in Tally
Bank Interest Parameters set up for Bank Ledger Accounts in Tally
To compute Bank Interest, set Yes at Activate Interest Computation, as described earlier to get Interest Parameters screen .
Bank Interest Parameters set up for Bank Ledger Accounts in Tally
At Interest Calculation Based on, select the Method of Computation of Bank Interest as follows :
- Bank Reco Date : The Bank Interest is computed as per Bank Date (the Date from which the instrument is cleared in Bank Statement).
- Voucher Date : The Bank Interest is computed as per Voucher Date (the way Interest is computed for other ledger accounts, as per Voucher Date
- Bank Reconciliation Effective Date : It is the Date upto which the Bank Reconciliation is already done. Normally, the Books Beginning date is carried by default (which you may change, if required).
Bank Details entry in Bank Ledger Account in Tally
At Bank Ledger creation / alteration screen , at Set Alter Banking Configuration, set Yes to get Bank Details screen
Bank Details set up in Bank Ledger Account in Tally
At Bank Details screen , set as follows :
- Bank Account : At Select our Bank, select the Bank Account from the list of Bank Ledger Accounts
- Cheque Book Details : Bank issues a blank cheque book, containing certain number of cheque leaves (25, 50 100 etc). At Set Alter Cheque Books, set Yes to get Cheque Range entry screen . At Cheque Range entry screen , enter the details of each Blank Cheque Book issued by the Bank to the Company, as below :
- Starting Cheque Number : At From Number column, enter the serial number of the first cheque in the book
- Ending Cheque Number : At To Number column, enter the serial number of last cheque in the book
- Number of Cheques : The number of cheques are computed from the Starting & Ending Number and displayed. As a cheque book contains specified standard number of cheque leaves, any mistake in entry of Starting & Ending Cheque number can be easily located here.
As a Cheque book contains specified standard number of Cheque leaves, any mistake in entry of Starting & Ending Cheque number can be easily located here.
Alternatively, instead of entering Ending Cheque Number, you may specify the number of cheque leaves in the book (e.g.50). The Ending Number will be computed from the Starting Number and displayed.
- Book Name : Enter here Book Name for identification (like Book – 1, Book 2, or Suppliers, Other Payments etc)
- Setting Cheque Configuration : At Set / Alter Banking Configuration, set Yes to get the list of Cheque Formats available for the Bank. Often, several Formats of the Cheque Stationery are available. As you roll over each cheque Format in the list, the image of the Cheque Leaf is shown beside. On viewing the image of each Format, select the right Format which matches the Cheque Leaf used by you
Cheque Book Range entry for Bank Account in Tally
- Auto Bank Reconciliation : At Activate Auto Reconciliation, set Yes to Import Bank Statements to match the entries in Bank Book, to perform Auto Bank Reconciliation. You should activate Auto Reconciliation only when you can download the Bank Account Statement from the Banker’s site.
Bank Statement Location : At Alter Location of Bank Statement files, set Yes to enter the new location where the imported Bank Statement would be saved, for Auto Bank Reconciliation.
Party Ledger Account Bank Details in Tally
Ledger Account creation alteration (Advanced option) has been explained earlier. At Ledger Account creation alteration screen, set Yes at Provide bank Details for Personal Ledger Accounts in respect of whom Banking Transactions are made (Payments / Receipts through Bank)
Party Ledger Account Details set up in Tally
At Bank Details entry screen of the Ledger Account , at the header, the Ledger Account Name is carried.
Bank Details entry in Party Ledger Account in Tally
Now set as follows:
- Nick Name : At Nick Name, enter the short unique name of the Ledger. You can select the Nick Name in Bank details entry of voucher
- Bank Account Name : At Favouring Name, enter the Name that would be printed in Cheque, Bank Transfers etc. This is usually the Name of Bank Account (as per Banker Record)
- Transaction Type : Select the Transaction Type from the list of activated Transaction Types.
- Set Up Type : At Set As Default, set Yes to carry the details in voucher entry (which you may change in Voucher), else set No, to enter the details in Voucher (details not carried as default)
- Account Number : Enter the Bank Account Number of the Ledger Account
- IFS Code : Enter the 9 character IFS Code of the Bank Account
- Bank : Enter the Name of Bank
Cheque Stationery Set up in Tally
A Cheque is printed on Bank’s Cheque stationery (Cheque Books issued by Bank). The layout of cheque stationery for each Bank is not same. The position of each element of cheque (like Drawee Name, Amount etc) differs. So, to print cheque correctly, you have to specify the position of each element of the cheque (distance from Top / Left edge). This can be done in ways:
- Entering the Cheque Specification for respective Bank Account : Enter the values of Cheque Configuration as per respective Bank Cheque Stationery
- Importing the Cheque Specification for respective Bank Account : Instead of entering the specification, download the specification from Net (it requires Internet connection & active Tally Net Account). The configuration values (Cheque Dimensions) of the selected Cheque Format is imported.
If you are maintaining multiple bank accounts with banks, then you have to set the Cheque Printing for each Bank Account
A large number of Banks are listed whose cheque dimensions are provided by Tally. So, it is likely your banker is also listed.
List of Banks of Downloadable Cheque Configuration -1
List of Banks of Downloadable Cheque Configuration -2
Bank Cheque Format set up in Tally
At Bank Details screen, at Alter Cheque Printing Configuration, set Yes to get Cheque Format selection screen. Select the Cheque Format from the list to get Cheque Printing Configuration screen of the selected Cheque Format of the Bank
Bank Cheque Format selection in Tally
Check that your printer can properly print on the cheque stationery. You may need to change the printer set up for cheque paper size.
Bank Cheque Stationery Template in Tally
If the Cheque Stationery used by you is not available in the Format, select User Defined in the list of Cheque Formats . Press Alt+U to get Cheque Dimensions Configuration screen to specify the Cheque Template for the Bank Account
At Cheque Dimensions Configuration screen, you specify the size, margins, print area, position of cheque amount in words & numbers etc., among various banks.
First, you measure these values, specify the respective values in Cheque Printing Configuration and print some dummy cheques in plain paper (semi transparent see-through paper will be more useful) as Trial. Impose the printed paper over a bank cheque leaf and see if the elements are properly placed. If not, change the value for the respective element and re print on paper. After a few trials, you will be able to set the cheque printing specifications perfectly as per the cheque stationery of the bank
Bank Cheque Stationery Dimension set up in Tally
Bank Cheque Stationery Dimensions Configuration in Tally
Bank Cheque Test Printing in Tally
After setting the values at Cheque Dimension Configuration , press Alt+P to get the Cheque printing screen , to print the Test Cheque Template with dummy values .
Now check the template to ensure that it matches with your cheque stationery (you may use photocopies of cheque stationery as dummy).
Now measure the dimensions and positions of the printed sample cheque and adjust the dimension values accordingly. With some trials, you will be able to configure it properly. Once it is set, you will be able to print cheque in the Bank’s Cheque stationery
In this way, set the dimension for each Bank’s cheque stationery.
Bank Cheque Stationery Test Printing Template in Tally
You may later on change the values at Cheque Dimension Configuration in the same way, as you set the values
This way, you may set the Cheque Dimension for new Bank Ledger Accounts during Ledger Creation mode
Voucher Configuration for Cheque Details in Tally
Creation of Cheque template is one time task. To print cheques / money receipts etc and to perform Bank Reconciliation, you have to set up the respective configuration options and then enter the cheque details (of cheques received / issued & monies debited / credited in the bank account in the voucher )
At the respective Contra / Payment / Receipt voucher entry Configuration screen (§02/02-09), set the options as follows :
- Activate Cheque Details entry: Set No at Use Default for Bank Allocations to get the Cheque details entry screen after selection of Bank account in the voucher
- Remarks: Set Yes at Show Remarks at Bank Allocation details to enter details of the cheque / transaction at Remark column (this helps matching at the time of Bank Reconciliation)
Cheque Details Entry in Voucher in Tally
Having set the Configuration as stated above at the respective voucher entry screen, on selection of a Bank Account, you get the Cheque details entry screen
Cheque details in Voucher Entry in Tally
If you have set Yes at Set Defaults at Bank Details screen of the Ledger Account, at Bank Allocation screen, the respective details are carried as default. Otherwise you have to enter them as follows:
Nick Name : Select the Nick Name from the list (or select Not Applicable)
Party Nick Name selection in Tally
Transaction Types selection List in Tally
You may enter multiple cheques breaking up the amount of Bank Ledger . The cheque date may be different from Voucher Date. This way, you may make entry for Post Dated cheques issued / received. You may also enter cheques issued to / received from different parties in one voucher. The total amount must match with the Bank Ledger Amount in the voucher.
Multiple Cheque entry in Payment Voucher in Tally
Cheque Details Entry in Receipt Voucher : In the same way, you enter the details of Cheque Received, in Receipt Voucher. You have to additionally enter the Bank Name & Branch .on which the received cheque is drawn, to keep complete details of Cheque Received.
Multiple Cheque entry in Receipt Voucher in Tally
Cheque Details Entry in Contra Voucher : In Contravoucher entry in Single Mode for Cash Withdrawal, the field FavouringName in the BankAllocations screen is prefilled with the text Self.
A new option TransferMode is provided in the BankAllocation screen in Voucher Entry, to identify transactions of NEFT/RTGS.
Cash Deposit into Bank in Tally
When Cash is deposited into Bank, in the Contra Voucher, when you select the Bank Account, the Cash deposit denominations screen appear in which you have to enter the details of Cash for each denomination .
Cash Deposit into Bank entry in Tally
You may print Deposit Slip from Contra Voucher entry (§10).
Bank Transactions Documents Printing in Tally
You may print the following Banking Documents
In respect of Cheques Received
- Deposit Slip
In respect of Cheques Issued
- Cheque Register
- Payment Advice
Banking Menu : At Gateway, select Banking to get Banking Menu
At gateway of Tally, select Banking to get the Banking menu to perform the above operations
Banking Operations menu in Tally
Bank Cheque Register in Tally
At Banking Menu, select Cheque Register to get Cheque Register Summary, showing number of Cheques of different Status.
Bank Cheque Register Statement in Tally
Bank Cheque Register Configuration in Tally
At Cheque Register,click F12:Configureto getCheque Register Configuration screen to set the Configuration as follows:
– Out of Range Cheques : At Include Not in Range Cheques set Yes to also include the cheque numbers that are entered manually by the user and which do not belong to any Cheque Range as entered in Cheque Book details.. Such cheques are shown as Nt In Range in the report.
- Completed Cheque Range : At Ignore the Completed Cheques, set Yes to exclude the Cheques that are completely used (status is other than Available), Set No to nlude such cheques also in the list.
- Book Names : At Show Book Names, set Yes to show the Book Name column also against each cheque in the list
Bank Cheque Register Configuration in Tally
Bank Cheque Register Printing Buttons : At Cheque Register, you get following buttons
Bank Cheque Register Printing Button Bar in Tally
- F1:Detailed / Condensed :
- Click F1:Detailed toggle button to get the details of Cheques within the specified Cheque Book Range and outside the Cheque Book range ,
- Click F1:Condensed toggle button to get the number of cheque for each status ,
- F2:Period : To Set the Period of the Report
- F5: Reconcile : To get Bank Reconciliation screen
- S: Quick Search : To Quickly Search a Cheque (instrument). Click S: Quick Search button (or press Alt +S) to get instrument search screen . At Enter Instrument Number field, enter the cheque number to be searched. As you type the number, the instruments with matching numbers are listed (when you type the full cheque number, only the respective cheque record is shown)
- S:Show All : Click S: Show All button (or press Ctrl +S) to get the Cheque Status list to and select a Status from the list to get the cheques of selected Status
- B: Alter Cheque Book : Click B: Alter Cheque Book to get Chque Book ange entry screen to ente Cheque Range deatails of the Cheque Book
Bank Cheque Quick Search in Tally
Bank Instrument wise reports display
Bank Instrument wise Cheque Report in Tally
Bank Instrument wise report Button Bar in Tally
- F5:Stauswise: To get the Instrument wise list of cheques under each Status, according to Status
- F6 View Status : To get the Status selection list to select a status to get filtered list of cheques of the selected Status
- C: Cheque Range : To get the Cheque Range selection list to select a Range to get filtered list of cheques of the selected Cheque Range
- Q: Quick Search: To search a cheque .
When you select an Item in Instrument wise list, you also get following buttons:
A: Alter Status : Click A: Alter Status to get the Cheque status list to select as follows:
- Cheque Cancellation: Cancelled to Cancel the selected Cheque. The Cheque Cancellation screen appears. At Remarks enter the reason of Cheque Cancellation
- Blank Cheque Issue: Sometimes a blank cheque may be issued for specimen proof of Account Number etc (as proof of Account Number, Bank Code etc). To blank out a cheque, You must have set Yes at Allow Zero Valued Entries at F11:Fetaures >Accounting Features. Consequently a Payment Voucher with heading Blank Cheque screen appears. You cannot enter any value into it.
C: Create Voucher : To create a voucher corresponding to unreconciled entry in Bank Statement
Bank Instrument wise Report in Tally
Bank Deposit Slip in Tally
When you Deposit Cash or Cheques received in your Bank Account, you have to fill up up a Deposit Slip form giving the details of Cheques (in case of Cheque Deposit) and denominationwise details of Cash (in case of Cash Deposit) and submit it to the Bank.
You may print the Deposit Slips from the Contra Vouchers entered for Cash Deposit and Contra / Receipt Vouchers for Cheque Deposits, eliminating the task of writing manual deposit slips, saving time and eliminating errors.
Bank Deposit Slip Report in Tally
At Banking menu, select Deposit Printing (GoT>Banking >Deposit Slip) to get Deposit Slip menu .
Bank Depsoit Sip Menu n Tally
At Deposit Slip menu :
- Cheque Deposit Slip: Select Cheque Deposit Slip to enter the details of cheques to be deposited into the Bank.
- Cash Deposit Slip: Select Cash Deposit Slip to enter the details of Cash denominations of Cash to be deposited into the Bank.
Next select the bank Account into which Cheque / Cash is to be deposited, from the list of the Bank accounts.
Cheque Deposit Report
When you select Cheque Deposit Slip , the Receipt Vouchers for the specified Bank Account are listed in the Report
Cheque Deposit Slip n Tally
Cash Deposit Report in Tally
When Cash is Deposited into Bank, in the Contra Voucher, when you select the Bank Account, the Cash Deposit Denominations screen appear in which you have to enter the details of Cash for each Denomination .
When you select Cash Deposit Slip, the Contra Vouchers for the specified Bank Account are listed in the Report
Cash Deposit to Bank entry n Tally
At Cash Deposit Slip screen , click P:Print (or press Alt+P) to get Cash Deposit Slip printing Configuration screen .
Cash Deposit Slip printing Configuration in Tally
At Cash Deposit Slip printing Configuration screen , you may set the options as follows:
Cash Deposit Slip Printing Configuration n Tally
- Deposit Slip Printing: At Print Cash Deposit Slip, set Yes to print Cash Deposit Slip, else set No
- Date of Printing: At Date of Printing, Enter the Date of Deposit of Cash to Bank. The current Date is carried, which you may change
- Top Margin: At Space to leave at Top, enter the top margin (in inches- default value 0.5 inch)
- Telephone Number: At Print Company’s Telephone Number, set Yes to print Company’s Telephone Number, as entered in Company creation screen (§04/02-02), else set No (Company’s Telephone Number is not printed in Deposit Slip)
- PAN: At Print Company’s PAN/IT Number, set Yes to print PAN/IT Number, as entered in Company’s Statutory Info screen ((§04/02-02)), else set No (Company’s PAN is not printed in Deposit Slip). As per IT Rules, the PAN/ IT Number must be mentioned in Cash deposit slip of Rs 50000 or above
On setting the Cash Deposit Slip printing Configuration options , you get Deposit Slip Printing screen showing the details of Cash being deposited to Bank. Check the correctness of details Click Yes at Print Yes / No to print the Cash Deposit Slip.
Cash Deposit Slip details entry n Tally
Cash Deposit Slip Printing in Tally
When you click Yes at Print Yes / No at Cash Deposit Slip printing screen , 2 copies of Cash Deposit Slip is printed , one for Bank (Banker’s Copy) and another for the Company, with same details., for submitting to bank alongwith the Cash at the time of deposit. The bank retains the Banker’s copy and signs & returns the Customer copy as receipt of Cash deposited into the Bank.
Cash Deposit Slip in Print n Tally
By default, the Report for current date is displayed. Click F2:Period and specify the Period for which the Deposit slip is to be printed.
Deposit Slip may also be printed from Ledger Voucher List of Bank Ledger (§08/02-16. F-7C//02-16)
Bank Deposit Slip report Buttons
At Deposit Slip Display screen you get the buttons
Deposit Slip Button bar n Tally
- F2: Period: To change the period.
- F4: Bank: To select other required Bank from the list.
- F5: Cash : To select Cash Account
- F6: Show All To show Cheques of all Banks
- F7: Edit Ch Details: To edit/update the Payer’s Name, Instrument No & Instrument Date
- P: Mark as Printed : To mark the selected Voucher as Deposit Slip printed
Cheque Deposit Slip Printing in Tally
At Cheque Deposit Slip Display screen , click P:Print or (Press Alt+P) to get Print Deposit slip Printing screen to print as per options set as displayed .
- Print Deposit Slip : Set Yes to print the Deposit Slip, else set No
- Space to leave on Top (default 0.5 inches): Set the required space.
- Cheque Details : Now set options (Yes / No) for following details to be printed (as entered in the respective Receipt Voucher) in the Deposit Slip
Show Received From: Set Yes to print the Payer’s Name (when it is different from Party / Ledger Name)
Show Bank/Branch Name also: Set Yes to display the Bank and Branch columns in the report.
Show Remarks also: Set Yes to display the Cheque Remarks (as entered in the in the Cheque details screen at the respective Voucher entry) in the report, in next line.
Cheque Deposit Slip Printing Options n Tally
Cheque Deposit Slip Printing Configuration in Tally
At Deposit Slip Display screen, Click F12:Configuration to get the Deposit Slip Configuration screen ,
Cheque Deposit Slip Configuration n Tally
At Deposit Slip Configuration screen , set the options as follows:
- Payer’s Name : At Show Received From, set Yes to print the Payer’s Name as entered in the Receipt Voucher (at Received From column), else set No to omit Payer’s Name details
- Bank / Branch Name : At Show Bank / Branch Name, set Yes to print the Bank Name & Branch Name of the Drawee Bank (at Bank & Branch Column) of the cheque being deposited into the Bank (Drawee Bank details are necessary to be printed in the Deposit Slip submitted to bank to deposit the cheques into bank), else set No to omit the Drawee Bank details
- Cheque Remarks : At Show Remarks also, set Yes to print the Remarks as entered in the cheque details for the respective cheque in the Receipt Voucher, else set No to omit Remarks.
Deposit Slip Report n Tally
Cheque Printing in Tally
You may print Pending, already printed or the selective required cheques continuously from a single screen. You may update the chequedetails (instrument no, instrument date, cheque favouring, etc). At Ledger Account creation / alteration of the respective Bank , you must enable for Cheque Printing option.
Cheque Printing List Display n Tally
At Banking menu , select Cheque Printing (GoT>Banking >Cheque printing). Select the Bank Account (or select All Items for all Bank Accounts) for which you like to print cheques.
Bank Account Selection for Cheque Printing n Tally
The Cheque Printing screen, showing the list of pending cheques (the Bank Account must be configured for Cheque Printing) appears,otherwise a message Bank Not Configured for Cheque Printing appears when you select the Bank.
Cheque Printing list display for a selected Bank n Tally
Cheque may also be printed from Ledger Voucher List of Bank Ledger (§08/02-16. F-7C//02-16)
Cheque Printing Buttons in Tally
At Cheque Printing Screen , you get flowing Buttons :
Buttons at Cheque Printing in Tally
- F2: Period: To change the period.
- F4: Bank: To select the Bank Account (or select All to select All Bank Accounts for which Cheque Configuration is set)
- F6: Show All / Hide Printed : Toggle button to show all cheques (Show All) / show unprinted Cheques (Hide Printed)
- F7: Edit Ch Details: To edit/update the Favouring Name, Instrument No and Instrument Date columns, as required (when only one Bank is selected)
Cheque Details Edit n Tally
You may use F12: Range to display the Cheque printing screen filtering the transactions based on Amount, BankDate, Date, FavouringName, Instrument Date, Instrument No., Ledgers, Narration, Remarks, Transaction Type etc, to quickly locate the voucher.
Cheque Printing Configuration in Tally
At Cheque Printing screen , click F12:Configure to get Cheque Printing Configuratio to set the options as follows :
Bank Cheque Printing options n Tally
- Cheque Printing Confirmation : At Confirm each Cheque Before Print, set Yes to stop printing after printing each cheque (takes more printing time but allows to check the printed Cheque or correctness), else set No (all the selected cheques wll be printed) at one stroke
- Include Printed Cheque : At Include Printed Cheques also: set Yes to display the printed cheques also in the report.
- Payee Name : At Show Payment Favouring, set Yes to display Payee’s Name as entered in the Cheque details in the voucher, in the report.
- Remarks : At Show Remarks also, set Yes to display the Remarks (as entered in the Cheque details in the voucher) in the report.
Cheque Printing Configuration in Tally
Bank Cheque Printing Configuration in Tally
At Cheque Printing Configuration, using F12: Configuration of cheque printing screen, you may set the Overall Printing Configuration as follows:
- Alignment Shifting : For exact alignment, enter the distance in mm to shift the postions from that defined at Cheque Dimensions screen :
- Top Edge : At Adjust Distance From Top Edge (in mm): Enter value (in mm) to shift from Top Edge
- Left Edge : At Adjust Distance From Left Edge (in mm): Enter value (in mm) to shift from Top Edge
- Foreign Currency Amount : At Print Amount in Foreign Currency, set Yes to print cheques for foreign currency transactions in the respective currency.
- Cheque Date: At Print Date, set :
- Yes to print Cheque Date on the Cheque leaf (usually done)
- No to suppress Cheque Date (leave Cheque Date blank), so that you may stamp (or write) cheque Date later on (usually to issue Post dated Cheques)
The adjustments done for overall adjustment set at cheque printing screen does not affect the settings of Cheque Dimensions pre-configured for the selected cheque format.
Cheque Printing in Tally
- Selection of Voucher for Cheque Printing : At Cheque Printing screen, select the Vouchers for which Cheques to be printed . To select the vouchers, place the cursor on the voucher record and press <spacebar>. This way, you may select several vouchers for cheque printing (press <space bar> again to unselect a selected Voucher)
- Printing of Cheques of selected Voucher : At Cheque Printing screen, having selected the Vouchers for which Cheques to be printed, Click P:Print (or Press Alt+P).to get the Cheque Details screen
- Printed Cheque Template : At Cheque Details screen, click Yes at Print Yes / No prompt, to print the Cheque. The cheque is printed on the cheque leaf, as per the dimension configuration set for the Bank shows the template of the printed matter on the cheque leaf
Printer Set Up for Cheque Printing in Tally
At Cheque Printing screen, click S:Select Printer button to get Printer selection screen to select the Printer.
Cheque Details screen in Tally
Now set as follows :
- Paper Size : At Paper size, select A4.
- Orientation : Click N:Orientaion button to get the Orientation list, as explained below. On inserting the paper in the printer tray, select the Orientation option from the list.
- Vertical Left: To print vertically on the left hand side of the paper.
- Vertical Centre: To print vertically at the centre of the paper.
- Vertical Right: To print vertically on the right hand side of the paper
- Paper Facing : In case of printing with Vertical Orientation, at Print From (for Vertcal Only), select :
- Front : To print Face Up
- Rear : To print face Down
Cheque Printing Orientation set up in Tally
Bank Cheque Printing in Tally
At cheque printing screen, select Yes to print the cheques as per options set as shown. (select No to change the following default options as desired) :
Bank Cheque Printing screen in Tally
- Print Cheque : Set Yes to print the cheque as per configuration option set
- Include Printed Cheques also: Set Yes to display the printed cheques also in the report.
- Show Payment Favouring: Set Yes to display Favouring Name (Payee’s Name as entered in the Cheque details in the voucher) details in the report.
- Show Remarks also: Set Yes to display the Remarks (as entered in the Cheque details in the voucher) in the report, in next line.
Cheque Printing report in Tally
Bank Payment Advice in Tally
At Banking Menu, select Payment Advice. Then Select the Ledger Account (e.g Party Ledger Account) to get the Payment Advice List showing pending Advices List for the selected ledger.
Payment Advice List in Tally
Bank Payment Advice Configuration in Tally
At Payment Advice Display screen , click F12:Configure to get Payment Advice Configuration screen , to set the Configuration options
Payment Advice Configuration in Tally
Bank Payment Advice Printing in Tally
At Payment Advice List, select the Vouchers for which Payment Advice to be printed (select the required rows from the Payment Advice list and press spacebar on the row) .
Click P:Print (or Press Alt+P).to get the Payment Advice Printing screen
At Payment Advice Printing screen, select Yes to print the Payment Advice as per options set as shown (select No to change the following default options as desired) :
- Advice Printing: At Print Payment Advice, set Yes to print Payment Advice
- Advice Date: At Payment Advice Date (by default, the current date is displayed here). enter the Payment Advice Date (it may be different from Voucher Date)
- Page Start : At Start Fresh Page for each Bank Allocation, set Yes to print details of each Bank Allocation, in new Page.
- Bill Details : At Include Bill Details, set Yes to print Bill Details also in Payment Advice.
- Due Date: At Print Due Date, set Yes to print the Bill Due Date in the payment advice.
- Company PAN: At Print Company’s PAN/IT Number , set Yes to Print PAN / IT Number in the Payment Advice at the header (after the Company Address details etc).
Payment Voucher / Bank Payment Advice Printing in Tally
Now the Payment Advice will be printed one by one .
Bank Payment Advice in Print in Tally
Click here to see PDF