Stock Query in Tally
The Stock Query retrieves information from Inventory Master Record (like stock item, Stock Group, Stock Category, Remarks, Cost Price, Std. Selling Price, Costing & Market Valuation Method etc), and Vouchers (like Sales, Purchase, Debit Note, Credit Note, Stock Journal, Orders, Delivery Notes etc) ) at one centralized place for viewing
Stock Query Display
At Gateway of Tally, select Display > Statements of Inventory > Stock Query and then select the Item from List of Items to view the Stock Query screen of the selected Stock Item.
Stock Query showing Items under same Stock Group
Components of Stock Query on Masters
Stock Query on Masters screen contains following major Parts :
- Stock Item Particulars: In this part, various Important info of the Stock Item like Group, current closing stock, Stock Item remarks, details of last Purchase & Sale (Date, Party, Quantity & Rate) etc are shown.
- Godown/Batch Detail : In this part, godownwise detail of the current available stock (with Batch details, where applicable) are displayed
- Items of the same Group / Category : In this part, details of other Items (Stock Quantity, Cost & sale Price) in the same Group / Category are displayed
Components of Stock Query on Vouchers
Stock Query on Vouchers show specified voucher details satisfying the Query parameters
Stock Query results on Inventory Vouchers
Stock Query Configuration
At Stock Query, click F12:Configure to get Stock Query Configuration screen. Now set the Configuration as follows :
- Show related Items of same Group : Set Yes to show other Items under the same Stock Group, Set No to show other Items under the same Stock Category
- Show All Aliases : Set Yes to show all Aliases (otherwise Alias name are not shown)
- Show using Alternate Units : Set Yes to display Alternate Units information, where applicable
- Show Tail Units of Compound Units : Set Yes to display Tail units (if the Stock Item is expressed in Compound Unit)
- Show Remarks of the Item : Set Yes to display Remarks (as entered in the Stock Item master)
- Show Description of the Item : Set Yes to show Item Description (as specified in the Stock Item master)
- Show Last Nos. of Transactions Set Yes to display the last transaction Voucher Number & date
- Show All Godown / Batches (incl. zero balance) : Set Yes to show Godwnwise / Batchwise details of current stock
Stock Query Configuration
Stock Query Buttons
Following special buttons are available in Stock Query screen
- F4:Item : To select another Stock Item to show the Stock Query for the selected Stock Item
- F5: Show / Hide Stat Info. : Toggle button to display the Statutory Info (Tax / VAT Information of the Stock Item) as defined in the Stock Item Master.
- F6: Re-Orders : To display the Re-Order Status of the stock item.
- F7: Price List : To display the Price List of the Stock Item.
- F7: Top Buyers/Sellers : To display the Top buyers and sellers for the Stock Item.
Stock Query Button Bar
Click here to see PDF