Invoice Configuration in Tally
Advanced Invoicing Features in Tally
We have described Invoice entry Here, we describe advanced options relating to entry of Stock Item in Sales / Purchase Invoice, Debit & Credit Notes.
Stock Items Selection using Alias, Part Number in Tally
We have described Alias Name (§02/05-01) of Inventory Masters. Having activated Alias Names and having entered Alias Names in respective Masters, you may select the Master in any selection list (e.g Voucher Entry, Master Entry, Report Printing etc, by Part Number, Alias Name of the Master, in the same way as Name.
We have also discussed about Part Number & its Alias Names (§14/02-01). During Inventory Voucher entry, the following appears in Item selection list from which any one may be selected to select an Item
- Stock Item Name
- All Alias of Stock Item Name
- Stock Item Part Number
- All Alias of Part Number of the Stock Item
An Item may be referred by any of these IDs in a document, or selected during voucher entry. The facility of selection of Item Name through multiple IDs allow to make selection of Item using varied types of IDs by which the Item may be referred by different types of organizations (manufacturer’s code, agent’s code, trade name, bar codes etc). There is no limit in number of such alias of Stock Item Names and its Part Number.
Item selection through Item Name Alias, Part Number / Part Number Alias in Tally
You may select an Item by any of the Stock Item Identities as described. However, all of them must be Unique among all the Stock Items (so, Alias of Stock Itm annot be a Part number of a Stock Item or Part Number Alias, etc).
Stock Item Description in Voucher in Tally
Description entered in Item Master as described earlier (§16/02-01) is carried in Inventory Voucher during entry, where it may be changed in the specific Inventory Voucher during entry (and may be optionally printed in the Inventory Report)
To enable Description entry in Stock Item Master, click F12: Configure. At Invoice Configuration screen, set Yes at Use Additional Description for Item Name.
Invoice Entry Configuration in Tally
Consequently, during Invoice entry, you get a screen showing the Stock Item Description carried. You may change the Item Description carried and also enter the Additional Description for the Voucher. The additional Description may be entered in Multiple lines. After the first line, a blank line appears. Continue entering additional description line by line Press <enter> at a blank line to terminate.
Description entry in Stock Item Master in Tally
Having entered the Additional Description, it is carried at the main entry screen. You may make further modification of Additional Description only in Main Entry screen (you do not get back to the Additional Description entry sub-screen).
Stock Item Description entry in Voucher in Tally
Item Description entered at Stock Item Master is carried at Additional Description in Voucher. You may modify/ add more details into it. The description entered is specific to that voucher only. Thus you may enter different description (e.g Item Serial Number) of same Item in different Voucher .
Additional Description in Voucher in Tally
Standard Price Entry in Invoice in Tally
We have described entry of Standard Sales / Cost Price in Stock Item Master (§18/02-01), During Sales / Purchase Voucher entry, the Standard Selling Rate (in Sales Voucher) / Standard Cost (in Purchase Voucher) as applicable on the voucher date will be carried as default Item Rate. The Standard Rate as carried in Voucher may optionally be changed during voucher entry (the change will be in that voucher only but Standard Rates in the Item Master will not change). Thus Standard Rate enables much faster and accurate sales / purchase voucher entry.
Invoice Entry using Price List in Tally
At Invoice Entry, the linked price list gets selected by default . You may select another Price List (or select Not Applicable to enter Price as desired).
Negative Stock Warning in Invoice entry in Tally
In Inventory system, Stock cannot go negative unless there is some mistake in entry. To prevent such mistake at the point of entry itself, at Invoice Configuration, at Warn on Negative Stock Balance :
- Set Yes to get Warning of negative Stock during Voucher Entry, if the current voucher would cause stock to go negative
- Set No, No Warning would be displayed during Invoice entry
If you still like to enter the Inventory Voucher allowing the stock to go negative, press any key and go ahead to enter the Inventory Voucher.
Negative Stock Warning during Invoice entry in Tally
Negative Stock is just a Warning (information). It does not trap Voucher Entry. You may bypass it and still enter the Voucher to go the quantity negative. Often, the Negative Stock occurs if the Receipts / transfers are not entered properly in chronological order.
Sales / Purchase Ledger selection in Invoice Entry in Tally
Entry of common Sales / Purchase Ledger in Invoice at header is explained earlier (§04/01-04). The total value of all the Items are posted to the common Sales / Purchase Ledger Account specified.
To allocate the Sales / Purchase Value to different Sales / Purchase Ledger (e.g different Sales / Purchase Ledger), at Invoice Configuration screen , at Use Common Ledger A/c for Item Allocation,
- Common Ledger : Set Yes to allocate total sales / Purchase Value to one account specified at Header (F-6A)
- Separate Ledger : Set No so that you can specify the Sales Ledger (one or more) separately for each Item in the Invoice,
Consequently (when you set No), the Sales / Purchase Account field will not appear at Header. Instead, the Ledger allocation sub-screen will appear after entry of each Item, where you can select the respective Sales / Purchase Ledger Account
Multi Account Invoice entry with Multiple Sales/Purchase Ledger Account allocation in Tally
Auto Allocation of Sales Purchase Ledger in Invoice entry in Tally
When you have set allocation of Sales Purchase value to Sales / Purchase ledger Account, the Item Value is auto allocated to the respective ledger accounts based on% allocation.
Dual Quantity in Invoice in Tally
Sometimes, the Billing Quantity in Sales or Purchase Invoice may be different from the actual Received or Delivered Quantity. Common examples of such instances are Receipt or Delivery of Free Items, Samples. Allowances for Defects (e.g Textile or Timber dealers give some allowance in quantity for minor defects).
Normally, the Billing Quantity is same as Delivery Quantity. It means, the bill is raised for the quantity Purchased / Sold. But, sometimes, it may differ. Some instances are :
- Free Items : When some items are given Free. For example, 200 gm packet given free on sale of 1 Kg packet of a washing powder, or a 200 gm packet of biscuit given free on sale of 1 Kg packet of a washing powder.
- Billing quantity rounded off : Sometimes the Billing Quantity is rounded off to a rounding figure (e.g delivery quantity 9879 pcs, but charged for 10000 pcs)
- Minimum Charge Billing : When there is a minimum charge (10 ton minimum billing even if the quantity is 9.8 ton).
- Allowances for Defectives : Sometimes the billing quantity may be less for defective portions, like Timber, Leather, Textiles (10 metre textile sold, but charged for 9 metres due to some defects in some portion).
- Rate Difference Adjustments : To make supplementary Invoice, Debit / Credit Note for Rate Difference, Rebates, the Actual Quantity would be zero (as no more quantity is delivered) but the Billed quantity be entered to compute the supplementary charges / rebates etc at the specified adjustment Rate (e.g Rate Difference charged on sales during a specified period, due to rate increase)
The Actual Quantity entered in Invoice is updated in Stock and Billed quantity is used for computation of Item value in the Invoice.
Dual Quantity entry in Invoice in Tally
To allow entry for the dual quantity (Billed Quantity and Actual Quantity) in Inventory voucher, click F11: Features>Inventory Features and set Yes at Use Different Actual & Billed Quantity.
Consequently, you get 2 columns for Quantity (Actual & Billing) instead of one Quantity column in Invoice entry. Enter the Actual & Billed Quantity in the respective columns
Dual Quantity entry in Invoice in Tally
- Actual Quantity : At Actual column, enter the Quantity that has come in (or gone out)
- Billed Quantity : At Billed column, enter the Quantity on which the Item Value is computed.
For example, you sell 11 mtrs of cloth, but charge for 10metres metres (as some portion of cloth is defective). In such case, you should enter 11 Mtrs at Actual column and 10 Mtrs at Billed column.
Item details with Dual Quantity in Tally
If you give free along with some other Items, then you enter the Free Quantity at Actual column and Zero at Billed Quantity column. For example, when you give 2 Pcs of Lux Soap free on sale of 2 Boxes of Surf, then you should make 2 entries for Items, as follows:
- Surf: Actual Quantity – 6 Box, Billed Quantity- 6 Box
- Lux: Actual Quantity 2, Billed Quantity- zero
The Item value is computed as per Billed Quantity while the Item Stock is updated as per Actual Quantity
Posting of actual quantity in Stock Item Ledger in Tally
A few instances of use of different Actual & Billed Quantity are listed below : :
|Type of Transaction||Item Name||Actual Quantity||Billed Quantity|
|Sell 2 Pcs of Lux Soap and give 1 Pc Free||Lux Soap||3||2|
|Give 2 Pcs of Wallet sample Free||Wallet||2||0|
|Sell 1 Box Surf Excel and give 1 Pc Lux Soap Free||Surf Excel Lux Soap||1 1||1 0|
|Sell 2 Mtrs of defective cloth and charge for 1.75 Mtrs||Cloth||2.00||1.75|
|Rebate of Rs 2/- per Mtr on sale of 200 Mtrs, sold earlier||White Cambric 80×20, 56cm width||0||200|
The effect of such entry is that the transaction has taken place for the quantity transacted as mentioned in Actual Quantity column for value as specified in the amount column. The stock ledgers are updated accordingly. The quantity specified in the billing quantity column is used only for computation of Amount. The Billing Quantity has no other relevance or effect in any part of the stock accounts.
Zero Valued Invoice Entry in Tally
Sometimes, Stock Item is received or delivered without value (e.g Samples, Free Items etc). In such case, the Quantity is entered in Invoice, without Value.
To enable entry of such Zero Valued transaction, at F11:Features> Inventory Features , at Allow Zero Valued Entries:
- Set Yes to allow entry of Invoice with Zero Value.
- Set No. Zero Valued Invoice cannot be saved.
Such entries may also be entered through Stock Journal
Zero Valued Entry with Dual Quantity in Tally
You may enter such transaction, in 2 ways :
- Enter the Actual Quantity but enter zero at Billed Quantity, as explained at Dual Quantity entry (§07.01). So, the stock will be updated but Invoice value (Amount column) will be zero (Zero Valued)
- Enter the Actual Quantity at Quantity column, but enter zero at Rate / Amount column. So, the stock will be updated but Invoice Value will be zero (Zero Valued)
Zero Valued Entry in Invoice in Tally
Consolidation of Same Rate Items in Invoice in Tally
Sometimes different Batch Number or Godown (with same Rate) of ONE Item are entered in an Invoice (they are entered as separate entry for each Godown / Location). This makes the Invoice long and total quantity of an Item in the Invoice with same Rate is not readily available.
Activating consolidation of same Rate Item entries in Invoice in Tally
At Invoice Configuration (GoT>F12:Configure>Invoice / Orders Entry), at Consolidate Stock Items with same Rates :
- Set Yes to club multiple entries of an Item having same Rate in the Invoice. In that case, the total quantity and amount of all such clubbed entries are shown in place of each individual entry and the Invoice looks compact and clean.
- Set No, each entry would be separately shown
Dual Unit & Price entry in Invoice in Tally
If you have set Dual Unit (Alternate Unit) for any Item in Stock Item Master (§02/02-02), then in Inventory Voucher, you may enter quantity in Base Unit and Rate in Base or in Alternate Unit. The UoM at which the Rate is entered is called the Rate Unit.
Dual UoM & Rate entry in Tally
When you enter Quantity in Base unit of the Stock Item, the computed quantity in Alternate unit would be displayed in parenthesis as per the conversion factor specified in the Item master. You may enter Rate in either Base or Alternate UoM. The value (Amount) would be computed as per Rate and Rate unit specified.
Billing in one UoM Rate in Tally
When you attempt to enter Quantity of the Stock Item in Alternate unit, Tally will instantly replace it with the equivalent quantity in base unit (convert as per the conversion factor). For example, if you type 1r (to enter 1 Roll in Alternate unit), automatically the quantity will get converted to Base Un it (25 Mtrs) and the quantity in Alternate Unit (1 Roll) will be shown in parenthesis just below the Base Quantity
Billing in Dual UoM Rate in Tally
The value is computed as per Rate Unit specified. So, if the Rate in both units does not correspond as per conversion factor, differences will result. For example, the Rate is 13/mtr and 300/Roll of 25 Mtrs. As per 13/Mtr, the equivalent Rate for 1 Roll should be 325 per Roll of 25 Mtrs. So, now if you bill for 1 Roll @ 300/Roll, the amount is Rs 300, while if you Bill for the same quantity (25 Mtrs)@13/Mtr, the value is Rs 325.
In such case, normally it is practice to split the quantity in Larger & Smaller Packs and charge at the corresponding rate. For example, the figures below show 2 different Bills for a sale bill of 1 Roll 5 Metres (1 Roll = 25 Mtrs), with Rate of 13/Mtr & 300/Roll
To Bill in different Rates, you have to select the Item separately. In the Item details subscreen, you cannot make entry in different UoM Rates.
Discount entry in Invoice in Tally
Often Discount is allowed by vendors in sales Invoice, to customers to induce loyal customers. Here we discuss about how you can enter Discount in Invoice.
You may enter Discount in Invoice at 2 levels :
- At Item Level : Different Discount (Rate or Amount) for each Item
- At Invoice Level : Total Discount (Rate or Amount) for the whole Invoice , as negative Charges. This is explained at Additional Charges (P-14) in Invoice as negative amount
Discount may be allowed in Sales Invoice, or may be earned in Purchase Invoice
Invoice entry with Item Level Discount in Tally
Item Level discount is useful when the Rate of discount is not same for all Items in the invoice (or Discount is allowed only for some specified Items). You should enter the Discount Rate (or Discounted Amount) for the specific Item sold in the invoice . The Amount of Discount allowed is not reflected in Invoice, nor posted to any ledger account. The net value after discount is shown at Amount column and is treated as Sale / Purchase Value.
Item Level Discount set up for Invoice entry in Tally
At Inventory Features (F11:Features>Inventory Features), at Separate Discount Column on Invoice :
- Set Yes at to enable Item Discount entry in Sales / Purchase Invoice (the additional Disc% column appears)
- Set No. No additional Discount column appears in Sales / Purchase Invoice (so you cannot enter Discount against an Item)
Item Level Discount Entry in Invoice in Tally
Consequently, during Voucher entry, after entry of Item Quantity & Rate, you get a column to enter the Rate in Discount (Disc%) column for each Item . Enter the Discount rate as applicable
You cannot enter lump sum amount in Discount for each Item, but can edit the net amount. So, you can use this trick to enter zero at Discount Rate and discounted value at Amount column.
Item / Invoice Level Discount Entry in Invoice in Tally
Tally does not store the value of Discount separately but internally reduces it from the Item Value. Separate Discount Rate may be allowed for respective Items in an Invoice.
You may selecively speciffy different rates for Items. You may inflate the Rates by entering negative Discount Rate. This is useful when the Rate is charged at some % above some Base Rate.
Additional Charges entry in Invoice in Tally
Apart from Item Values, you may need to add or reduce (.e.g Discount, Rebates) etc. in Invoice.
There are 2 ways of adding / subtracting such amount in Invoice
- Lump Sum amount : The amount is input by the user
- Computed Amount : The Rate is Input, amount is computed as per some pre set rules (%, quantity etc)
Lump Sum Additional Charges entry in Invoice in Tally
In such case, after entering the Item details (select <End of list>), you may select a ledger account and enter the Amount. To add a charge (like Freight, Insurance Charges , Handling Charges,) enter the amount to be added in the Invoice. To allow rebate etc (amount to be reduced in Invoice), enter the amount in negative value (like – 200).
Additional Charges Computation in Invoice in Tally
To enable Tally to compute the amount on the basis of Item Value, you have to set the parameters and specify the rules of Computation
Account Group :In the Parent Account Group of the respective ledger account creation / alteration, set Yes at Used for Computation. (at the option Methods to Allocate when used in Purchase Account, select Not Applicable , as the option relates to Purchase Cost Allocation, not for Charges in Sales Invoice)
Additional Charges Group creation in Tally
Ledger Account : In the respective Ledger Account creation / alteration, set as follows:
At Under field, select the Parent Group (for which computation is activated as explained above).
- Inventory Values are affected: Set No at this option.
- Percentage of Calculation: Enter the standard Rate of Charges in % (e.g 5). For Amount to be deducted enter the % as negative number (e.g -5).
- Method of Calculation: After entering the Percentage of Calculation, select the method (e.g On Total Sales to compute Amount on Sales value) as Method of Calculation from the list of Type of Duty.
Additional Charges Ledger creation in Tally
Computation Base ; At F12: Configuration > Invoicing / Orders, at the option Calculate Tax on current sub-total (F-6A/03-02)
- On Item Value only : Set No to compute the amount on Item Value only
- On Cumulative Value : Set Yes to compute the additional charges amount on cumulative Bill amount (e.g after considering the Item value and other prior additional charges)
Additional Charges Calculation Method in Tally
Additional Charges Entry in Invoice in Tally
During Invoice entry, after entry of Item details, select the respective Additional Charges Ledger. The Rate (in %), if entered in the ledger account at Percentage of Calculation field is carried which you may change (for Deduction, the Rate would be negative). The computed value, as per Calculation Method is shown in Amount column, Such computed amount may again be changed as desired, in voucher,
Additional Charges entry in Invoice in Tally
The Voucher Level Discount is to be entered as negative Charge, to be deducted in the Invoice.
Stock Journal Voucher in Tally
So far, we have discussed about Inventory Transactions on account of Sales & Purchase. Apart from that, several other Inventory transactions occur, for instance :
- Issue of materials to third party jobber and receipt back of jobbed items
- Adjustment of book stock due to
- Leakage, shortage evaporation etc
- Mistake in Item in any prior voucher
- Transfer from one godown to another
- Assembling / disassembling of items
- Scrapping of Items etc.
- Production of Finished Items
- Consumption of Raw Materials
- Stock Transfer to & from Branches
- Stock transfer to & from Agents
In all such cases, a Stock Journal Voucher is created to adjust the stock (and stock value) properly.
Stock Journal Voucher Entry in Tally
At Gateway, select Inventory Voucher and then Click F7: Stk Jrn to get Stock Journal Voucher entry screen
Stock Journal entry in Tally
Stock Journal Voucher Item Details entry in Tally
After entry of Voucher Number & Date, you enter the Item details as follows :
The Stock Journal has 2 sections :
- Source (Consumption)
- Destination (Production)
The following types of entries are made :
- Consumption : At the left part, enter the Item details (i.e Items OUT) at Source (Consumption) side.
- Production : At the right part, enter the Item details (i.e Items IN), at Destination (Consumption) side.
- Adjustment of Shortage : For adjustment of Shortage etc, consumption etc, enter in Source (Consumption) side.
- Adjustment of Excess : For adjustment of Excess, enter in Destination (Production) side
- Rectification of Mistake : For rectification of any mistake (in quantity, Stock Item Name) in some Inventory Voucher earlier entered, a stock Journal Voucher is created to bring the sock in sync. Depending on the type of mistake, adjustment, entry may be in Consumption side, Production Side or in both sides.
- Stock Transfers : For stock transfer to & from branches, godowns, third party jobbers, agents, etc the entry may be in one side or both side depending on he nature of transaction.
You may enter the Item details in both Source & Destination, or in any of the column. The quantity as entered for the Item in Source column is reduced from Stock and the quantity as entered for the Item in Destination column is increased.
The following Table shows some common types of entries in Stock Journal
Invoice Printing Configuration in Tally
We have described Invoice Printing Configuration (§02/03-03/S1). Here we describe the options related to Inventory details in Invoice. At the respective Printing Configuration menu, you may set the default options. At the time of printing respective documents from Display or Multiple Voucher printing, you may re-set the printing options at the respective Invoice printing session
Invoice Printing Options : The default Invoice Printing Configuration options are described earlier (§02/03-03/S1)
Stock Items Details Printing in Invoice in Tally
The default Invoice Printing Configuration options for Sales & Purchase Invoice, related to Stock Item details are described below :
- Serial Number : At Print Serial Number, set :
- Yes to print a column showing running Serial Number
- No. Running Serial Number is not printed (so save space, useful in Narrow Stationery :
- Part No. : At Print Part No, set :
- Yes to print Part No of the Item (as entered in Stock Item Master :
- No. Part No is not printed
- Quantity : AtPrint Quantity column, set
- Yes (default value) to print Quantity (i.e Billed Quantity)
- No to omit Quantity column
- Actual Quantity column : At Print Actual Quantity column, set :
- Yes (default value) to print Actual Quantity (if specified), for each Item
- No to omit Actual Quantity column
- Alternate Quantity column : At Print Alternate Quantity column, set :
- Yes (default value) to print Alternate Quantity (if specified :
- No to omit Alternate Quantity column
Alternate Quantity in separate column : If you set Yes at Print Alternate Quantity column, further, at Print as SeparateColumn, set
○ Yes to print Alternate Quantity in separate column
○ No to print Alternate Quantity in same column, to save column space
- Item Rate : At Print Rate column, set :
- Yes (default value) to print Rate for the Item
- No. Rate column is not printed (useful to print Challan / Transporter Copy etc, where Rate need not be disclosed :
- Batch Details : This is relevant only when Batch is activated for the Company.At Print Batch Details, set :
- Yes to Print Batch Details (Batch Number, Mg Exp Date etc).
- No to Batch Details NOT printed.
- Rate with Duty for Items : This is relevant only when Excise Duty is activated for the Company. At Print Rate with Duty for Items, set,
- Yes to print Excise Duty Details
- No. Excise Duty Details will NOT be printed
- Ledger Narration : At Print Narration for each Entry, set :
- Yes to Print Voucher Narration at the end of Voucher
- No. No Voucher Narration is printed
- Sub Totals after each Item : At Print Sub Totals after each Item, set
- Yes to print Sub Total after each Ledger Account
- No Sub Total is printed. Only Net Invoice Amount is prited at the end of all amounts in the Amount column
- Print Base Currency Symbol for Total: At Print Base Currency Symbol for Total, set :
- Yes to print Base Currency Symbol .
- No. No Base Currency Symbol is printed
- Method to use for Ledger Name : Specify the Format of the Ledger name to be printed, from the list, as explained earlier (§02/03-03/S1).
- Method to use for Stock item Name : Specify the Format of the Item to be printed, from the following options. These are applicable in case of Sale of Materials.
- Alias (Name) : Shows Alias Name followed by Item Name in parenthesis
- Description (Name) : Shows Description followed by Item Name in parenthesis
- Description only : Shows Item Description only
- Description (Part No) : Shows Description followed by Part No in parenthesis
- Name (Alias) : Shows Item Name followed by Alias Name in parenthesis
- Name (Description) : Shows Item Name followed by Description in parenthesis
- Name only : Shows Item Name only. This is the default format shown in all reports
- Name (Part No) : Shows Item Part Number also
- Part No Alias only : Shows Part No Alias only
- Part No Alias ( Part No) : Shows Part No Alias followed by Part No in parenthesis
- Part No (Description) : Shows Part No followed by Description in parenthesis
- Part No (Name) : Shows Part No followed by Item Name in parenthesis
- Part No only : Shows part No only
- Part No (Part No Alias) : Shows Part No followed by Part No Alias in parenthesis
- In DN/ CN Voucher
- Voucher Narration : At Print Narration,set:
- Yes to print Voucher Narration
- No . Voucher Narration not printed
- Jurisdiction : At Jurisdiction, enter the name of the Court Jurisdiction under which disputes are to be settled, to be printed, as Notice to the Customer. The line Subject to < Jurisdiction > Jurisdiction is printed with the Name of the Jurisdiction
- Complete Mailing details : At print Complete MailingDetails, set :
○ Yes to print details to print all the compnts of mailing details like Postal, e-mail address, phone etc.
○ No to print as per options set at Report Title
- Message : At Generated By, enter the Message to be printed at last line. A default message ‘This is a Computer Generated Invoice’ is shown, which you may change. You may leave blank if no message line is to be printed at the bottom of the Invoice .
Sample Invoice in Normal Format. Invoice particulars are shown in the heading in separate boxes. It looks nice, but takes more space in Header, leaving less space for Item details. So, the Invoice would spill to more pages for too many Items in the Invoice.
Sales Invoice in Normal Format
Sample Invoice in Simple Format.
In Simple Format, Invoice particulars are shown in the heading in multiple. It takes more space in Header, leaving more space for Item details. So, the Invoice would contain more many Items in one page.
Sales Invoice in Simple Format
Sample Invoice in Simple Format
Item Name / Part Number in Description column, and Item wise Discount column.
Sales Invoice in Simple Format (With Part Number / Alias Names)
Sample Invoice in Simple Format
Without Company Address, leaving space for more Items
Sales Invoice in Simple Format without Company Address
Invoice sample in Simple Format
with dual quantity details in separate columns
Sales Invoice in Simple Format (Alternate Quantity in Separate Column)
Invoice sample in Simple Format
with dual quantity details in one column
Sales Invoice in Simple Format (Without Rate)
Sample Invoice in simple format
without Rate column, dual quantity details in one column
Sales Invoice in Simple Format (Alternate Quantity in Quantity Column)
Company Logo printing in Invoice in Tally
You may print Company Logo in some vouchers, Invoices. The logo file should be in .bmp or .jpeg format and should have maximum size of 96×80 pixels (width x height)
Company Logo set up in Invoice in Tally
At F11:Features>Accounting Features, under the section Other Features, at Enable Company Logo
- Set Yes to get the option to import Logo Image file, which may be printed in specified vouchers, Invoices & Reports. Set No (default).
- Set No, No logo can be set / printed in reports
Company Logo set up option in Tally
Setting the Logo Image file in Tally
Having set Yes at the option Enable Company Logo , you get Company Logo import screen, to import the Company Logo (an image file), to be printed in reports / Invoices.
At the field Location of Logo , enter the filename (with location) of the image file of the logo.
Company Logo file location set up in Tally
Printing Logo in Invoice : To print the logo in Invoice, at the respective Printing Configuration screen , set Yes at Print Company Logo
Invoice with Logo printing option in Tally
Click here to see PDF