Columnar Bill Register in Tally
Columnar Bill Register in Tally
In Bill Register, the ledger Accounts and corresponding amounts are shown in inner column and the net Bill Amount is shown in one column. So, the Bill Register does not reveal ledger account wise total figures. The format of printed Bill Register is not much useful.
An Invoice (or Bill), contain many additional Important info, apart from Ledger Account and Amount and normally contains multiple ledger accounts, apart from Sales Purchase. So, businessmen normally prepare Bill Registers in columnar format.
Compact & Organised presentation in Columnar Bull Register
In Columnar Bill Registers, separate columns are provided for each Ledger Account (or Group of ledger Accounts), showing break up of figures for each ledger account. The net Bill amount is shown in the last column. So, columnar Bill register gives better info and presented in more compact form. It is a combination of Journal Book (chronological list of transactions) and a ledger Book (figures of each ledger segregated in a separate column).
Columnar Sales / Purchase Register Layout set up in Tally
To display the respective columnar Sales / Purchase Register, at the respective Bill Register (Voucher Register) Display screen, Click F5:Columnar button, or at Bill Register Display configuration screen, set Yes at Show Columnar Register to get Columnar Register specification screen. Now set the column specification of the Columnar Bill Register.
Column selection for non accounting info
At the upper part, set Yes at the option for which you like to include the column for text info (non Accounting data) in the column register and display / print the respective column data (like Show Party’s Address).
Coumnar Bill Regsiter Ledger / Group column set up in Tally
Ledger / Group set Up for accounting figures
At the lower part, select the option to create columns for Account Ledger / Account Group columns. Normally, you should select All Item (Automatic Column) to create a separate column for each ledger account.
Columnar Bill Regsiter set up in Tally
If you have too many ledger accounts and like to club a few onto a specified column, select the other option and then specify the Ledger Accounts / Account Groups
Columnar Bill Register Display in Tally
Having set the column definition options, you get the respective columnar Sales / Purchase Register Display, as per default configuration options set.
Columnar Sales Register Display in Tally
Account Ledger / Group Figures : In Columnar Sales / Purchase Register :
- Sales Register : In Sales Register. in ledger account columns, Debits (like Sales Discount) are shown as negative figure, while credits (like Sales) are shown in Positive figures.
- Purchase Register : In Purchase Register. in ledger account columns, Credits (like Purchase Discount) are shown as negative figure, while Debits (like Purchase) are shown in Positive figures.
Columnar Bill Register Display Configuration in Tally
At Columnar Register display, click F12:Configure to get Columnar Bill Register Configuration
Screen to set the options of Columnar Register display
Colmnar Registe Display Configuration in Tally
To get Sales Contribution figures (in Sales Register only), at Columnar Register display, click F7:Show Profit button or at Columnar Register Configuration Screen, set Yes at Show Gross Profit Estimates to get a separate column showing sales Contribution (Sales Value – Cost). However, this is relevant only when Item wise Purchase Cost is available.
The Format and configuration options of Sales / Purchase register are similar
Columnar Debit / Credit Note Register in Tally
To display the respective Columnar Debit / Credit Note Register, you may set the Columnar Register layout like Sales / Purchase Register
Columnar Debit Note Register Display in Tally
- Debit Note Register : In Debit Note Register, in ledger account columns, Credits are shown as positive figure, while Debits are shown in negative figures.
- Credit Note Register : In Credit Note Register, in ledger account columns, Debits are shown as positive figure, while Credits are shown in negative figures.
Columnar Register Printing in Tally
The Columnar Register may be printed from Display screen or from Multi Account printing menu
- Columnar Register Printing from Display : At Columnar Register Display, click P:Print button to get Columnar Register print screen, with options similar to Columnar Register Configuration. Set the option to get columnar register in print, similar to Columnar Register display.
- Columnar Register Printing from Multi Account Printing Menu : You may alternatively print Columnar Register from Multi Account Printing Menu. This is more suitable for printing of bulk reports in one shot.
Multi Account Columnar Sales Register Printing option in Tally
At Gateway, select Multi Account printing> Account Books to get Multi- Account Accounts Books Printing Menu. At Multi- Account Accounts Books Printing Menu:
- Multi- Account Sales / Purchase Register Printing : Select Sales Register to print Sales Register. Select Purchase Register to Purchase Register
- Multi- Account Debit / Credit Note Register Printing : Select Journal Register to get Multi- Account Journal Register Printing Menu . At Multi- Account Journal Register Printing Menu, select Debit Note Register to print Debit Note Register. Select Credit Note Register to print Credit Note Register, to get the respective Multi- Account Register printing screen
At respective Multi- Account Register printing screen, set Yes at Show Columnar Register and set the column specification options to print Multi Account columnar Register as per column specified.
Other printing options, contents and format of Multi Account Columnar Register are similar to columnar Register in print from Display
Click here to see PDF