FAQ : Frequently Asked Questions
FAQ 1: How do I deposit TDS to Government with Auto Fill
You may automate the TDS Payment using S:Stat Payment (available in Single Mode payment voucher entry) button.
Auto Fill : At Payment Voucher entry screen, Click F12:Configure and set Yes at Use Single Entry Mode for Pymt/Rcpt/Contra),
Click S:Stat Payment button to get Statutory Payment Screen (F-1A). Now enter as follows :
Duty / TaxType : At Type of Duty/Tax, select TDS from the list of Duty / Tax Type
Mode of Entry : At Auto Fill Statutory Payment, select Yes to get the fields to fill up the Payment details as below:
- Period End : At Deducted Till Date, enter he Date upto which the TDS deducted is being deposited through the current voucher. Accordingly the amount of TDS deducted would be carried in the voucher, for TDS Deposit.
- I Tax Section : At Section, select the I Tax section under which the TDS is being deposited from the list (showing the sections under which TDS deducted is to be deposited)
- Payment Nature : At Nature of Payment, select the Nature of Payment from the list, for which TDS is being deposited.
- Company Type : At Deductee Status, select the Status (Company / Non Company) from the list, as per constitution of the Company)
- Cash / Bank Account : At Cash / Bank, select the Account from which the TDS is being paid, from the list of Cash / Bank Accounts
Consequently, the Ledger Account and corresponding Amount would be auto filled in the Main Voucher Entry screen (F-1B). At Main Voucher Entry screen (F-1B), set Yes at Provide Details to get TDS Payment Details screen (F-1C)
At TDS Payment Details screen (F-1C), enter the details of TDS payment being made in the current Payment voucher (F-1B) :
- Period : At From & To, enter the period for which the TDS is being deposited
- Cheque Number : At Cheque / DD No, enter the number of the Cheque / DD, by which the pyment is being deposited to the bank / treasury
- Bank Name : At Name of the Bank, enter the Bank Name on which the Cheque / DD s drawn
- Bank Account Number : At Bank Account Number, enter he Account Number of the Bank from which the cheque is issued
- Branch Name : At Branch Name, enter the Bank Branch name on which the Cheque is drawn
- Bank BSR Code : At BSR Code, enter the Bank BSR Code on which the Cheque is drawn
- Bank Challan Number : At Challan Number, enter the Bank Challan Number as alloted by the Bank on the Challan after receipt of Cheque
- Bank Challan Date : At Challan Date, enter the Bank Challan Date on which the challan was deposited to Bank.