Multiple Accounts Masters in Tally
Multiple Account Masters Entry in Tally
In Single mode master entry, you can create / display / alter one master record (Account Group / Account Ledger) at a time.
In multiple masters mode, you may create / display / alter several masters in one screen. So, for Masters creation / display / alteration of large number of Masters record quickly, multiple masters mode may be more convenient.
It makes no difference whether you create / alter Masters through Single / Multiple Mode, Only the entry screen/ process is different, the data is saved in same manner.
Multiple Masters Operation menu
To create/ edit / delete Masters entry in multiple mode, instead of selecting the option under Single Group or Single Ledger, select the respective option under Multiple Groups in Account Group Menu (GoT>Accounts Info>Group) and Multiple Ledgers in Account Ledgers Menu (GoT>Accounts Info>Ledgers)
Account Group Menu in Tally
Ledger Account Menu in Tally
Multiple Account Group entry in Tally
To create Multiple Accounts Group records quickly at a time, through one screen, at Accounts Group Menu , select Create under Multiple Group section for creation of multiple Account Group in a single screen.
Parent Group : At Under Group field (at the header), select All Items to create Group under any Parent Group. However, select the specific Parent Group to create several Groups continuoulsly under same parent Group.
New Parent Group Creation : To create a new parent Group (if the parent group is not existing, press Alt+C to get Group Creation (secondary) screen, create a New Group from within the current screen, and then select the newly created Group), without leaving the current entry screen.
Multiple Group creation in Tally (under any Parent Group)
Now enter the details at the Table area .
- Sl. No.: At Sl. No, Serial Number is displayed for reference – cursor does not move here.
- Group Name: At Name of Group, Enter Name of the Group you are creating.
- Parent Group: At Under field, select the Parent Group under which you wish to create Group.
- If you have selected a Group at Under Group, the selected group (at Under Group field at the header) is carried as Parent Group (at Under field, the cursor would not come at this field). This way you create several Groups under a Group much faster, as you do not need to select the parent Group for each Group
- If you had selected All Items, you have to select the parent Group at Under field, for each Group from the List of Groups
Multiple Group creation (under one Group) in Tally
This way, you can create multiple Groups in one entry screen. To terminate further entry, press <enter> on blank line and type Yes at Accept ? Yes or No to save.
Multiple Account Ledger entry in Tally
To create Multiple Accounts Ledgers records quickly at a time, through one screen, At Accounts Ledger menu , select Create under Multiple Ledgers section for creation of multiple Ledgers in a single screen
Parent Group : At Under Group field (at the header) :
- Ledger Creation under Specific parent Group : Select the Parent Group under which you wish to create all the new Ledger
- Ledger Creation under any parent Group : Select All Items, to create new Groups under separate parent Group
Multi Account Ledger creation in Tally
Now enter the details of the new ledgers to be created, at the Table area .
- Sl. No.: Serial Number is automatically displayed for reference – cursor does not move here.
- Ledger Name : At Name of the Ledger, enter the Ledger Name you are creating.
- Parent Group: At Under , select the Parent Group under which you wish to create the new Ledger Account.
- If you have selected a Group at Under Group, the selected group (at Under Group field at the header) is carried as parent Group (at Under field, the cursor would not come at this field). This way you create several Ledger Accounts under a Group much faster, as you do not need to select the parent Group for each Ledger.
- If you had selected All Items, you have to select the Group at Under field for each ledger from the List of Groups .
- Opening Balance: At Opening Balance, enter Opening Balance for the ledger, if any. At Dr/Cr field, enter D or C to indicate Dr/Cr the sign of the opening balance
Saving the new records created : This way, you can create multiple ledgers in one entry screen. To terminate further entry, press <enter> on blank line and type Yes at Accept ? Yes or No to save the entries made.
Multiple Masters Display in Tally
You may Display multiple Groups / Ledgers in one screen, in the same way as Multiple Masters Entry Screen :
Multiple Masters Alteration in Tally
Selection of Master Record for Alteration
Alteration of Master Record : Take the cursor at the desired field and edit the data, in similar way as entry.
Saving the changes : Press Ctrl+A to save the changes made. This way, you may make changes quickly in a number of items at a time.
Buttons at Multiple Master screen in Tally
Several buttons are available at the right side Button bar at Multiple Accounts Masters operations screen
- § F4: Parent – Click F4:Parent button to get Under Group field at top part directly. Useful when you have entered few Groups / Ledgers in the columnar list and wish to change parent Group.
- § F8: Skip Details / Edit Details – This toggle button is useful to select edit / skip specific fields for quicker work.
- Click F8:Skip Details button to skip the Opening Balance field (& some other fields) in ledger creation. Click F8:Edit Details button to edit data of various fields.
- F4: New Parent – To select another parent group, click this button (or press Ctrl+F4) which brings List of Groups to select from.
- Zero Op. Balance – To initialise opening balance of ledgers account to zero, click this button. Be careful, once zeroed, you cannot get back the previous balance figures again. This is useful to initialize opening balances of revenue account at the beginning of Financial Year.
- F6: Skip Names / Edit Names – This toggle button is useful to select edit / skip Name fields for faster work.
- Click F6:Skip Names button to skip the Name in Group / Ledger alteration. Click F6:Edit Names button to edit data of various fields.
- F7: Skip Parent / Edit Parent- This toggle button is useful to select edit / skip specific fields for faster work.
- Click F7:Skip Parent Button to skip the parent Group Name in Group / Ledger alteration. Click F7:Edit Parent Button to alter parent group name also
- F10 : Skip Sort / Edit Sort :: This toggle button is useful to edit / skip sort value in Group / Ledgers
- Click F10:Skip Sort Button to skip the Sort field in Group / Ledger alteration (Sorting Position column is hidden). Click F10:Edit Sort Button to alter the value of Sort Field at Sorting Position column
Buttons of Multiple Accounts Groups
Buttons of Multiple Accounts Ledger
Chart of Buttons at Multiple Masters operations in Tally
The following Table shows the buttons at the respective Master screen in Multiple Masters creation / Alteration.
|Ledger Creation||Group Creation||Ledger Alteration||Group Alteration|
|F4: Parent||F4: Parent||F4: Parent||F4: Parent|
|F4: New Parent||F4: New Parent|
|F6: Skip Names / Edit Names||F6: Skip Names / Edit Names|
|F7: Skip Parent / Edit Parent||F7: Skip Parent / Edit Parent|
|F8: Skip Details||F8: Skip Details / Edit Details|
|F10:Skp Sort/ Edit Sort||F10:Edit Sort / Edit Details|
|Z: Zero op Bal|
|Chart of Buttons at Multiple Masters operations|
Multiple Masters operations in Tally – Advantages & Limitations
Whether you use Single or Multiple Mode for operations related to Multiple Accounts Master, data is saved in same manner. Each mode offers its distinct advantages and suffers from its own limitations. So, you should find out the situations where a specific mode is useful or inconvenient.
- Limitations of Multiple Master Entry Mode: The optional fields of Masters (activated through F11: Features / F12: Configure) are not available in Multiple Masters Creation / Alterationmode. You can enter / edit such data through Single mode only.
Only the basic info of the master can be entered through Multiple Mode. Additional fields available through configuration options are NOT available in Multiple Mode (you have to use Single Mode option). Master record cannot be Deleted through Multiple Mode . So, Multiple Mode has very limited use.
- Advantages of Multiple Master Entry Mode : Creation of large Ledger Accounts under same group (like Sundry Debtors / Sundry Creditors) etc., may be convenient and faster in multiple mode. However, additional; info (like address and other details) cannot be entered through Multiple Mode.
So, it is normally useful to create large number of Masters at the time of first creation of Master when Tally system is first implemented, or a new Company is created for new financial year and masters are to be created afresh (not carried from previous year company). Subsequently New masters may be created through single mode
Multiple mode may also be useful to enter /modify Ledger Opening balance after the previous year accounts are finalized.
You may easily & quickly set the Index value (sort portion) in List of Ledger Names in your preffered order (rather than in Alphabetcal Order), using F10:Skip Sort through Multiple Mode, than through Single Mode entry and see the effect instantly.
Click here to see PDF